Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #2,071 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by whypigsfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@kloan: As member1982 mentioned, Lune cables are only available in clear (I believe the 'clear' part refers to the cable sleeve which houses the silver core, thus giving the appearance of white/silver). If you chose to add the black nylon sleeve, it only sleeves up to the Y split of the cable.

As elnero said, the ES2 cables I mentioned are the Westone ES2 replacement cables. Very soft, flexible, and tangle free. I believe a good number of people use them with the UE earphones.

Oh, he had Lune in black for a while there in the For Sale section... guess he sold out.

May 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #2,072 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, he had Lune in black for a while there in the For Sale section... guess he sold out.

Lune in black? could be the sleeving, because the cable is coated with teflon and silver cabling. Unless they coated in black teflon which could be possible? Would've liked black as well :p Especially shiny black.

May 10, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #2,073 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lune in black? could be the sleeving, because the cable is coated with teflon and silver cabling. Unless they coated in black teflon which could be possible? Would've liked black as well :p Especially shiny black.

Stuff in the For Sale section could be prototypes like the Piccolo cable. Anyone wanna e-mail him for clarification?

May 10, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #2,074 of 9,690
It was on sale for $79. It was black jacket.. looked just like the Enyo in black but it was the Lune cable, sleeving was extra. Not sure how many he had.. I contemplated buying it, but I thought I'd like the look of silver better, since I also ordered the new sleeve he's using.. nylon something or rather...

I couldn't tell from the pic, but if it actually was coated black and was shiny, that would've been hot. I definitely would have bought that instead...

May 10, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #2,075 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was on sale for $79. It was black jacket.. looked just like the Enyo in black but it was the Lune cable, sleeving was extra. Not sure how many he had.. I contemplated buying it, but I thought I'd like the look of silver better, since I also ordered the new sleeve he's using.. nylon something or rather...

I couldn't tell from the pic, but if it actually was coated black and was shiny, that would've been hot. I definitely would have bought that instead...

when was this? somehow i thought the Lune was released in March 2009? and it was sale for $99 till may., Could might as well be a cool prototype, or like the other special red + white colour which i actually wanted :p Haha after i ordered the Lune, they had some red + white Enyo which i did want for the colour combo. Or just violet + white would be good too.

May 10, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #2,076 of 9,690
Couple weeks ago...

May 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #2,077 of 9,690
I saw the black Lune too, but it was too close in appearance to the Enyo so Null ceased production.

Order's in, + the covering to protect the braid. Honing my patience as I guess it'll be awhile...
biggrin.gif

Trying the IE8 'olives' on my Trips at the mo - pretty good so far. Keeps the highs well, & doesn't seem to boom the bass like the UE silicons did. They're a lot less soft than Shure olives, but seem pretty durable.

May 11, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #2,078 of 9,690
Yeah, expect a couple weeks at least.

I've been using the Sony tips, they're comfortable and sound a lil better than the UE tips.

May 11, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #2,079 of 9,690
Any Sony tips in particular, kloan? Those Hybrid ones I've read about?

May 11, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #2,080 of 9,690
Yup, the Sony EPEX10A.

May 11, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #2,081 of 9,690
Cheers kloan. I'll check out a Sony Store. Thought about ordering from the States, but it was $50 shipping for $9 tips!

Couldn't see em on Ebay UK.

May 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #2,082 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying the IE8 'olives' on my Trips at the mo - pretty good so far. Keeps the highs well, & doesn't seem to boom the bass like the UE silicons did. They're a lot less soft than Shure olives, but seem pretty durable.

That's odd, I tried the IE8 foamies or "olives" on my Triple.Fi's but they didn't fit, they were too big.

May 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #2,083 of 9,690
Strange - they fit mine pretty well. I can turn them easily, but they stay on & are not loose.

May 11, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #2,085 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i put the senn foamies on mine once came off in my ear, so wasnt ever doing that again, much too loose a fit

Yes, I can see that would be disturbing!
Must admit (just went & tried em again) the R tip is not quite as secure as the L, but they're still not loose........gulp, yet
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back