Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 1, 2009 at 10:00 AM Post #2,056 of 9,690
Just a quickie for you Lune users -do the pins fit flush to the Trip housing or are they exposed slightly a la the Westone cable? Was thinking of putting a small piece of heatshrink over the gap if the pins are too long (yeah, I have OCD!)
Ordering mine in a few days, hopefully.

May 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #2,058 of 9,690
frown.gif

not happy to learn that.. my lune cable is on it's way, and that gap is going to irritate me to no end.

May 5, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #2,059 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

not happy to learn that.. my lune cable is on it's way, and that gap is going to irritate me to no end.

Cue a weeny bit of heatshrink (tho to think of it, probably could just roll on a small piece of flexible tube, w/out going to heatshrink) or even black electrical tape - tho I'm not sure about the adhesive on the latter.

Impatiently waiting to order mine when Paypal gets fed.

May 5, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #2,060 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

hehe

May 5, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #2,061 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cue a weeny bit of heatshrink (tho to think of it, probably could just roll on a small piece of flexible tube, w/out going to heatshrink) or even black electrical tape - tho I'm not sure about the adhesive on the latter.

Impatiently waiting to order mine when Paypal gets fed.

hmm, i dunno man. the heatshrink has to be small enough that it'd shrink over the cable, but has to be big enough to slide over the connectors.

Edit: oh, n/m.. got confused as to where the gap was.

May 6, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #2,063 of 9,690
White? They have black you know...
wink.gif

What are ES2 cables?

May 6, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #2,065 of 9,690
The Lune/Piccolo series are only avaliable in silver and crystal (clear??), but the enyo series are in alot of colours.

May 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #2,066 of 9,690
Two more days & I can afford to order the Lune. Somebody please tell me again Lune cuts bass presence a little, lol...I really want to lower my Trips bass a wee bit
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #2,067 of 9,690
TF10 i found have bass and other frequencies, but the Lune just balanced that abit more so more detail in other frequencies, but the bass is tight and focused. Sometimes there are even quantity too that fills your inner canal.

For a time i found it even gives nice mids especially with the seperated echos / backup singers on some songs. Not really comparable but i was pretty amazed by it compared to the Denon D5000.

May 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #2,068 of 9,690
Thanks member1982.
Tight & focused sounds good to me.
Looking forward to hearing the 'Lune effect'
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #2,069 of 9,690
@kloan: As member1982 mentioned, Lune cables are only available in clear (I believe the 'clear' part refers to the cable sleeve which houses the silver core, thus giving the appearance of white/silver). If you chose to add the black nylon sleeve, it only sleeves up to the Y split of the cable.

As elnero said, the ES2 cables I mentioned are the Westone ES2 replacement cables. Very soft, flexible, and tangle free. I believe a good number of people use them with the UE earphones.

May 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #2,070 of 9,690
Anyone able to comment on the differences in the Null Audio cables and the ES2 cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back