Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 4, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #511 of 9,690
Does burn-in cause any effect to tf10s ??

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #512 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just checking, which way is the ff mod meant to be first or second pic?

Anyone tried first way? Or is it just me who hear better sound when cables attached like first way?
rolleyes.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #513 of 9,690
I've been experimenting with triple fi's for 3 days now. The best way to make them sound imho is to use Comply T-500 tips which totally roll off the top end and make bass less bloaty, and then equalize to get the top end back. They basically become ER-4S with better bass and better soundstage and same top end detail that way. But you need to equalize. If you use the silicon tips included in case you'll get an extremely bloated bass and very very laid back midrange. If you use Comply tips and don't equalize you'll get very very rolled off top end. But if you equalize on top that you are getting an upgraded ER-4S and you don't lose anything from ER-4S sound signature, just gain better stage and better bass.

Jun 4, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #515 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so I ultimately got the tf10s today after a few months thinking and wasting time reading reviews etc.. these do sound good BUT this thing is FREAKING HUGE.... cmon this thing is monstrous in size and I am not able to stand that discomfort for even 5 minutes after inserting them in my ear. The huge diameter starts to hit the ear and hurts like crazy.... I tried the ff mode, tried all the tips that came with it......no difference, this thing hurts like crazy...
frown.gif
.....Any suggestions what I should do ??

Ouch. Not nice to get a sparkly new IEM & have such pain...but don't panic, it's probably an adjustment thing. Do you have very small canals? I suggest you try the smallest tip for awhile & not seat them so firmly -let yr ear canal adjust. Use them only for short periods at first, increasing as comfort increases. As soozieq said, use the memory wire to support also. Or try another maker's tips - olives are very comfortable (you have to mod them), or T400/T500. Let me know if you want to try olives -I'll send you a modded pr.

Do you have them on a 7/30 day return (just in case you can't adjust to them)? Hopefully, now you've had them some hours the fit will be more comfortable, and the shock worn off: they are bigger than yer usual IEM & unboxing can come as a surprise, but once you get over that visual thing, heaven (or at least a trip to the local galaxies) awaits, soundwise....good luck & keep us posted
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #517 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Love-Music /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better than the Shure E500/530, I think so.

I think so (duh...or I wouldn't be here!) But the 530s are good IEMs if you like that mids-dominant, bass-proud presence. They were a shock to me when I first heard them, as I prefer the more open, refined, not so right-in-your-face, sweet treble detail sound of Triples. It's largely a question of presentation I guess...maybe I could live with 530s + EQ if they were all you could get, but I'm soooo glad there's a choice!

It's a good audio world when you can hear both.

Jun 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #518 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does burn-in cause any effect to tf10s ??

It's an interesting question, western120.

Yes/No/Maybe!

It's like the old Zen thing:
Two monks discussing a flag fluttering in the wind. Is it the flag moving? The wind moving the flag?
Zen Master stops by, says 'No, mind is moving...'

Armatures don't burn in, so I read. Friend of mine swears his 530s changed.
I heard a slight change in Triples over the first day or so.

Or...?

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #519 of 9,690
Hey, western120 -I just checked the FS forum. Good luck w/ your sale -you'll get a great response I'm sure.

And better luck with your next phones
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit\ Wow, a Triple and a 530 = different owners, same result.

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #520 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by iBug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been experimenting with triple fi's for 3 days now. The best way to make them sound imho is to use Comply T-500 tips which totally roll off the top end and make bass less bloaty, and then equalize to get the top end back. They basically become ER-4S with better bass and better soundstage and same top end detail that way. But you need to equalize. If you use the silicon tips included in case you'll get an extremely bloated bass and very very laid back midrange. If you use Comply tips and don't equalize you'll get very very rolled off top end. But if you equalize on top that you are getting an upgraded ER-4S and you don't lose anything from ER-4S sound signature, just gain better stage and better bass.

i like ti enrich the treble to the max, silicon tips and treble boost, rolled off highs are horrid

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #521 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by I-Love-Music /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better than the Shure E500/530, I think so.

Well, at least it wasn't 'thanks for the information' like your other 47 posts...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #522 of 9,690
Oops. The right post just snapped trying to get a pesky tip off...drat & doubledrat.

Thank heavens UE has a great rep for customer service. I'm in cold turkey 'til a new pair come.

Well, cold turkey with Ety Er-4P/S so I think I'll live!

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #523 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops. The right post just snapped trying to get a pesky tip off...drat & doubledrat.

Thank heavens UE has a great rep for customer service. I'm in cold turkey 'til a new pair come.

Well, cold turkey with Ety Er-4P/S so I think I'll live!

you are joking right?

if you aint joking--that sucks

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #524 of 9,690
Wish I was. But it was a annoying tip, an old foam left over from E2c. Had a lot tighter fit than it looked to have - tighter than T400 (& that's saying something!) - & it sounded rubbish...

Tsk.

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #525 of 9,690
will ue be able to repair them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back