Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 5, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #541 of 9,690
i got my trips this afternoon!! woot! under 10 days too, with free international shipping. much quicker than i'd expected, given the 5-25 days estimation.

i got myself a pair of black shure flex tips too. only thing i'm lacking now is a source. left it with a friend and gotta get it back grr.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #542 of 9,690
Congrats
biggrin.gif
!
You've dry run the fit? OK?

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #543 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats
biggrin.gif
!
You've dry run the fit? OK?

yeah i've tried them and they were alright, but as with most sleeves, i find that only prolonged use can tell whether you're really comfortable with them. and they were about 4.50 a pair so i just got them so i can try them at home in peace.

i find that the stock medium sleeves are actually pretty good, except, due to the structure of the sleeve, the actual frictional contact with your ears isn't alot, which is why it loses the seal easily when you move about. i'm hoping the flex sleeves will fix that.

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #544 of 9,690
Thx steviebee!!!

I changed it.
I can't wit 'till my Trips are coming in. The 530 are available at the Store I work for so had many listening sessions with them but just couldn't get used to them. They almost hurt my ears?!

And indeed, I had to turn down the volume as well on my 2Move.

What do you think about my setup I'm gonna use?
1: iPhone > Qables LOD > 2Move > Trips
2: Sony NWZ-S516 > Trips

I've read somewhere that the 2Move is a pretty decent amp for the Trips.

greetz

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #545 of 9,690
Athenaesword, you bought the Shure clear Flex? Golly, I hope you like em....I don't want a turdbomb in my message box
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #546 of 9,690
Ric, I have absolutely no knowledge of the iPhone, and sketchy re 2Move (sure that'll be fine tho) but that's a very nice LOD you have
smily_headphones1.gif
No worries....

And when they arrive, don't panic! The bore is big (all the better to get that mellifluous sound into your head), but the body is no bigger than E2c really. And a whole lot prettier!
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #547 of 9,690
The talk about tips in another thread got me thinking that I needed to try out the Comply T400 tips that I ordered some time ago but have never used, because my original foam tips that came with my IE40s still aren't dirty (I keep my canals very clean). And wow...

What a difference! My original foamies must have been drying out or something, because they weren't getting as good of a seal as they did at first. The degradation is gradual so you don't notice.

I swear the Comply tips sound MUCH better than the stock foamies ever did. MUCH deeper low end, and better definition in every aspect.

Just ordered some T500s so I don't break my posts. steviebee got me nervous.

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #548 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitarAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just ordered some T500s so I don't break my posts. steviebee got me nervous.

Awww, shucks......
redface.gif

Be careful out there....
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #549 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Athenaesword, you bought the Shure clear Flex? Golly, I hope you like em....I don't want a turdbomb in my message box
wink.gif

i bought the black ones, not the clear ones. jaben didn't have the clear ones for sale. i can't remember, which did you prefer again?

no worries mate lol if we killed each other based on recommendations head-fi would be barren within 2 weeks
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #550 of 9,690
I liked the clear, but the bass was at times too much I felt...but they're not as comfortable as the black, so...phew!

Oh, I agree, but listen -you really have to try those Skull Candies. My, they're good!

biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #551 of 9,690
So no email yet from UE. Am I being impatient?

I sent to the service email given on the website (for Triple Fi, SF)...

Must.learn.to.be.more.patient.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #552 of 9,690
Guys, please throw me some more reasons to get the Triple.Fi in place of the SE530. I know a lot about the differences, but I'm not yet convinced... this is going to be a serious purchase, and everything is on the play: SQ, comfort, fit, durability, look. In that order, of course.
I listen to rock, metal and some old stuff.

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #553 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, please throw me some more reasons to get the Triple.Fi in place of the SE530. I know a lot about the differences, but I'm not yet convinced... this is going to be a serious purchase, and everything is on the play: SQ, comfort, fit, durability, look. In that order, of course.

What kind of music do you listen to? Have you tried both on yet? Do you ever plan to sleep with your IEM's on? What will you be playing the IEM's off? Do you plan to mess with equaliser settings?

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #554 of 9,690
Quote:

Dude. Stop procrastinating!! The sooner you buy the IEM's the sooner you'll be listening to great music.
tongue.gif

I don't think you'll go wrong with either IEMs. I've got a soft spot for the Triple.Fi's because I own them. I cant compare to the SE530's but they sound awesome with Metallica, Gunners, Nirvana, Tool, Tea Party and Leona Lewis
icon10.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #555 of 9,690
Quote:

beautiful highs, perfect for electric guitars, symbols, female voices, the upper instruments are resolved rather than sounding like a shrill jumbled noise

bass that doesnt overflow into the other frequency ranges, thus you can clearly hear the highs, mids, lows

bass that has impact

detachable cables, just incase

memory wire cables, a life saver for me, stops the ear loop coming off your ear

i nice water tight pouch

excellent warrenty and customer service, [know this from personal emails from some of the top people from when i had my 'accident']

hold thier value if you want to sell better than se530, but you wont need this point
biggrin.gif

remember i owned both, and i like metal, symphonic and death etc, dj tiesto style trance, music that needs that high end clarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back