Jun 3, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #496 of 9,690
Shoot me.

I deserve it.

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #497 of 9,690
^ Don't worry, I make worse posts
wink.gif
Just look in General Discussion forum

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #498 of 9,690
Ok so I ultimately got the tf10s today after a few months thinking and wasting time reading reviews etc.. these do sound good BUT this thing is FREAKING HUGE.... cmon this thing is monstrous in size and I am not able to stand that discomfort for even 5 minutes after inserting them in my ear. The huge diameter starts to hit the ear and hurts like crazy.... I tried the ff mode, tried all the tips that came with it......no difference, this thing hurts like crazy...
frown.gif
.....Any suggestions what I should do ??

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #500 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so I ultimately got the tf10s today after a few months thinking and wasting time reading reviews etc.. these do sound good BUT this thing is FREAKING HUGE.... cmon this thing is monstrous in size and I am not able to stand that discomfort for even 5 minutes after inserting them in my ear. The huge diameter starts to hit the ear and hurts like crazy.... I tried the ff mode, tried all the tips that came with it......no difference, this thing hurts like crazy...
frown.gif
.....Any suggestions what I should do ??

They really hurt me for the first hour or so, so much so that I didn't think I'd be able to keep them. Thankfully, the pain didn't last long (not for me anyway.) When it first 'hit' my ear, I just fiddled around with the memory cable to slightly 'lift' the housing up and away from any pressure points. If I don't do that, the weight at the top of the ear lobe starts to feel like a dead weight! Have a 'fiddle' until the pressure is eased.

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #503 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no problem with the fit for me.... I just would prefer more "grado" in them
wink.gif

yup... I love tasteful coloration
biggrin.gif

^the 325i is next on the list, ive yet to sample grado, how do they compare

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #504 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^the 325i is next on the list, ive yet to sample grado, how do they compare

uhh.. quite different, I would say.
325is are one of the most edgiest 'phones I've heard (which I love)

think of TF10s with more aggressive presentation of drums and guitar, along with smaller soundstage and vocals singing about 10cm in front of you. Oh and really "hot" treble that borders on sibilance - if you can't stand sibilance, don't bother.

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #505 of 9,690
the thing i want extra is bassically a little bit more of everywhere,
i use the silicon tips of the tf 10 with treble boost, and still want more, but the sibilance does scare me a bit,
a bit more bass impact would be nice, but not se530 style bloat

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #506 of 9,690
I was going to order both the Se530 and the triple fi to see which one i like more to keep, but a couple things have happened and now i just cant do that. I have the Senn HD650 and i love the detail but hate the veil. I am underamp and that is how im going to be for a long time, because im not mentally prepared to spend thousands on even a few hundreds for amplification. My route seems to be IEMs becaus e of that.

To the HD650 owners, how do the triple fi compare to the HD650?? In terms of detail and overall SQ? I think I will inevitably audition both (se530 and triple fi) but if i pick one that impresses me i might stop the chase right there. Hopefully that will happen...

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #507 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the thing i want extra is bassically a little bit more of everywhere,
i use the silicon tips of the tf 10 with treble boost, and still want more, but the sibilance does scare me a bit,
a bit more bass impact would be nice, but not se530 style bloat

from what I;ve read.. you might need livewires
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #510 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandbag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone use the double-flange tips that are supplied with the TFs?

I use them and the sound is great.

they were digging too deep into my ear canal for my taste...I prefer medium sized tips. I have yet to find a way to fit foamies in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back