Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 2, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #466 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate you, I hate this thread
wink.gif

I found myself up to after 2AM last night crunching numbers on what stuff I can sell and in what order to get the triple.fis and not be murdered in my sleep by my wife.

I was waffling between livewires and triple.fis, but I can't seem to find the courage to commit to customs when I already know the triple.fis will fit comfortably AND I see such fanboyish drooling from you people.

yeah, the custom route isnt one im willing to risk, so the 10s are the best ill et as of now,

sell your wife?
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #467 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sell your wife?
biggrin.gif

Nah, that wouldn't work. She's the one supporting the household while I stay home with our two small children. I suppose I could sell the wife AND kids, hmm...
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #468 of 9,690
I'm a quiet member of the TF10 appreciation society...

Liking them a lot... The only serious contender to their crown at the moment is the Sony EX700, but then again, Isolation is lacking there, so if you're not in a quiet environment, the TF10s have to take the crown...

TF10 FTW
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #470 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you being sarcastic or are the EX700 really that good ?

Why would you ask if he's being sarcastic? Didn't you read his thread about the EX700s?

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #471 of 9,690
Just like a few of you..I have been nonstop with these since last wed. I had a weekend trip to our family cabin and had alot of listening time. The combination with my p2 amp is truly breathtaking! I so expected a lack of bass at the cost of the exquisite highs but was sorely mistaken. These have such a solid bass ( thats w/o the bass switch turned on ), but the highs that make all the other instruments come alive is what I've so been missing. I listen to a bit of new age and classical..and wow...the sounds I did not know were there. I have tryed many iem's over the past few years and never been so blown away. Usually I get some new cans and by the time a few hrs are up..I'm putting them aside until I have a reason to use them, but these I am just using so much I think my wife is getting irritated. Also the fit has not been an issue, I am doing fine with the small rubber tips still and the flip flop mod has grown on me. Very happy with this purcahse..and at the super price of $288 to boot.

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #472 of 9,690
Hi Duncan. Hi Del.

Nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #473 of 9,690
i've had my tf10 for almost 4 months now, and i just tried the flipflop mod (not that its uncomfortable) and wow, the isolation and bass improved

when i use it normally it already goes quite deep into my ear (cant see the ue logo) but this is even better
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #474 of 9,690
smily_headphones1.gif

Wonder what the numbers are for stock/flip wearers? I'm mostly flip, but stock sometimes just because I can & it's fun.

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #477 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just look at the post count on this thread, i wish i had a can as good as these!

edt; tarja sounds sooo good through them!

try DT880 03'
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #478 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder what the numbers are for stock/flip wearers? I'm mostly flip, but stock sometimes just because I can & it's fun.

Judging by the number of posters you see mentioning how much trouble they had wearing them the "right way" and finally finding a good fit with them flipped, I wonder if UE didn't mess up with their standard alignment. Sure, it makes sure everybody is a walking billboard for your products, but the flip seems to be the better approach to me. I wonder if they will ever change their approach on future models - if you actually approached the design with the flip alignment in mind you could do even better
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #479 of 9,690
I laugh when I think uf UE's designers creating the fit style for their universal line, projecting the maximum comfort and fit and sound quality with their drivers, and some commom user just inverts it and make it better. Funny, isn't it?

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #480 of 9,690
can't wait to get my tf10s and listen..I also ordered a sony MP3 in that excitement of tf10s
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back