Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 17, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #9,001 of 9,690
I've auditioned H3 for a week, found it around the same levels as Dunu DN-1000. DN-1000 can be worn over the ear, though Its not really in the design.

I half gazed over your first  post up there earlier. If you're willing to spend amounts of money that equal UM Mentor then maybe Tralucent 1plus2 is for you.

The best hybrid I've ever heard to date. 

I had the Miracles not the Mentors, so not exactly rolling in discretionary cash. In any case, after the Miracles, I'm a little wary of spending upwards of USD1000.

The DUNU DN2000s are out. But seems like they are pretty much the same situation as TF10 vs UE900. Better but different. And the difference is what is going to piss off the original fans. I wonder why they don't just split the line instead of supplanting the original with the new.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694003/d-marc0s-journal-my-head-fi-journey-new-dunu-dn-2000-review/405#post_10629919

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #9,002 of 9,690

I've auditioned H3 for a week, found it around the same levels as Dunu DN-1000. DN-1000 can be worn over the ear, though Its not really in the design.

I half gazed over your first  post up there earlier. If you're willing to spend amounts of money that equal UM Mentor then maybe Tralucent 1plus2 is for you.

The best hybrid I've ever heard to date. 

I had the Miracles not the Mentors, so not exactly rolling in discretionary cash. In any case, after the Miracles, I'm a little wary of spending upwards of USD1000.

The DUNU DN2000s are out. But seems like they are pretty much the same situation as TF10 vs UE900. Better but different. And the difference is what is going to piss off the original fans. I wonder why they don't just split the line instead of supplanting the original with the new.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694003/d-marc0s-journal-my-head-fi-journey-new-dunu-dn-2000-review/405#post_10629919

mind to tell us what source are you using now?

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #9,004 of 9,690
Think you meant amp. I don't use one cos it is just too much to carry. Straight from the smartphone, which is an iPhone 5s.

Sometimes, I use the Sony SBH50 bluetooth receiver. I guess you can call that an amp.

Would actually be cool if Fiios came out with a high quality amp that includes a bluetooth receiver. Of course some fidelity will be lost in the chain, but I find the codecs are now good enough for the wireless transmission to be less of a bottleneck.

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #9,005 of 9,690
Think you meant amp. I don't use one cos it is just too much to carry. Straight from the smartphone, which is an iPhone 5s.

Sometimes, I use the Sony SBH50 bluetooth receiver. I guess you can call that an amp.

Would actually be cool if Fiios came out with a high quality amp that includes a bluetooth receiver. Of course some fidelity will be lost in the chain, but I find the codecs are now good enough for the wireless transmission to be less of a bottleneck.

erm..i mean audio source :) amp is optional.

for me.....i do feel like my mentor sound quite different when plug in to my smartphone and when using the DAC like Fiio x3/x5. smart phone dont really drive well with mentor..

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #9,006 of 9,690
So I bought these EPEX10A as a silicontip for my triple fi 10 as someone recommended eariler, can't get them to fit. Both the large and medium sizes slip out and doesn't seal after 20 seconds. Any more recommendations that might be better? I use the large comply foam tips otherwise. But want silicon for gym/running.

Also any tips how to remove earwax that got in the actual IEM? It's not a lot but would be nice to clean out.

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #9,007 of 9,690
They come with a wax removal tool, it looks like a little strip of black plastic with a little metal hook.

Re: silicon tips for running, try Sennheiser double flanges.

They come with this bundle:

20pcs Ergonomic Fit Kit (DF-TF-5SZ) for Sennheiser IE Series, CX Series, CXC Series, CXL Series, OCX Series, and MM Series In Ear Earphones Headsets - Replacement Eartips Earbuds Eargels https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IBNPMG0/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_0qTQtb13MRTQTRGA

So I bought these EPEX10A as a silicontip for my triple fi 10 as someone recommended eariler, can't get them to fit. Both the large and medium sizes slip out and doesn't seal after 20 seconds. Any more recommendations that might be better? I use the large comply foam tips otherwise. But want silicon for gym/running.

Also any tips how to remove earwax that got in the actual IEM? It's not a lot but would be nice to clean out.

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #9,008 of 9,690

eek.gif
confused_face(1).gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #9,010 of 9,690
Double bass, one high/mid. Don't let that deceive you, though; they have good bass, but it's not much more than neutral.
Hi, understand TF10 is 2-way with 3 drivers.  What is the frequency ranges that are split in 2? Also, which of the ranges are using 2 driver?

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #9,012 of 9,690
TF10 has the most awkward fit.  When I move I can hear the sound change.  It's because the way it's built, it will not stay put like a Shure iem for example.  That's a huge problem as it will change the sound drastically bringing down the SQ because of this.

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #9,013 of 9,690
  TF10 has the most awkward fit.  When I move I can hear the sound change.  It's because the way it's built, it will not stay put like a Shure iem for example.  That's a huge problem as it will change the sound drastically bringing down the SQ because of this.

I've had the TF10's for about 5 or 6 years now and haven't had that problem.  I even run in them.

I reversed mine so that they don't stick out so awkwardly.  I stick the left earphone in the right ear and so on.  I also really like the comply tips on them, that will help you keep the seal longer too.

This solved the problem for me, but everyone is different. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #9,014 of 9,690
Complys or Shure Olives or reshell

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #9,015 of 9,690

I've had the TF10's for about 5 or 6 years now and haven't had that problem.  I even run in them.

I reversed mine so that they don't stick out so awkwardly.  I stick the left earphone in the right ear and so on.  I also really like the comply tips on them, that will help you keep the seal longer too.

This solved the problem for me, but everyone is different. 

Sorry for the odd information guys, I found out that my cable was the culprit on the right driver.  This explains why sound was cutting out on the right side as I was moving my head.  I have a pair of TF10 that I listen from time to time, it is a fine iem, but when it comes to details it can be better.  The fit leaves something to be desired though, I'm thinking about custom molding it, I wonder what it does to the sound?  I don't want it drastically change the signature.
Yeah, it's funny. People so often say that the TF10 is supposed to be bassy, but I never felt it to be that way. Not sure if I need to change tips or something.

Yup, I've heard bassy, and TF10 not that bassy in comparison.  It doesn't seem bassy to me.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back