Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #9,032 of 9,690
Hey all,
It may be listed somewhere in the 600+ pages to this thread but, I am looking for a place to do a re-shell on some TF10's.  I bought 3 pairs of them (thinking would last forever this way :).  but, I have had some ear surgery that removed a lot of the bone around my ear canal.  They just fall out.  Going to sell the other 2 but want to get 1 set custom shelled.  Not a lot of money to spend though.  
Thanks

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #9,033 of 9,690
Hey all,
It may be listed somewhere in the 600+ pages to this thread but, I am looking for a place to do a re-shell on some TF10's.  I bought 3 pairs of them (thinking would last forever this way :).  but, I have had some ear surgery that removed a lot of the bone around my ear canal.  They just fall out.  Going to sell the other 2 but want to get 1 set custom shelled.  Not a lot of money to spend though.  
Thanks

Im sure you might know this.....but just a headsup since your on budget. The ear impressions from audiologist would cost some $$ depends on the place you live(MD)+shipping to re-shellers+the cost involved (~$90-$150) to reshell....
And you can avoid custom colors,connector types,laser engraving,acrylic shells blah blah and save some ....

You can additionally save the audiologist cost by getting self impression kit from amazon etc tho......

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #9,034 of 9,690
If you're in the EU, I can highly recommend Cosmic Ears (Sweden+a new lab in UK).
Note that: I think they're on holiday for another couple of days.

There are several other re-shellers outside the EU that get written about here on Head-Fi, but I can't claim to have any experience of them myself.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #9,035 of 9,690
Am wondering, I wear custom fitted hearing aids, they took the impression for them.  I should talk to one of the companies and see if they can use that ear mold to make an impression..  Thanks Shawn, I didn't realize that was so expensive. 
Love the damned UE's though.  I hold the one in my ear for an hour, the sound is amazing.

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #9,036 of 9,690
Those impression costs are nuts I've been lucky a local audiologist does mine for $15-$25 depending on the day. If you're in the US I highly recommend inearz. I'd get impressions done again ever silicone ones shrink after a few months

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #9,037 of 9,690
Am wondering, I wear custom fitted hearing aids, they took the impression for them.  I should talk to one of the companies and see if they can use that ear mold to make an impression..  Thanks Shawn, I didn't realize that was so expensive. 
Love the damned UE's though.  I hold the one in my ear for an hour, the sound is amazing.

Yeah sure......chek with them and get discounts as much as you can being return customer to slice the additional cost....as once you go customs you cant sell it and its all urs to keep.:frowning2:
And going local is always better....they respond in a timely manner,cut down intl s/h both ways,very very less wait time between door-to-door (as intl wait time involves more transit time and customs clearance) and yeah you can yell at them if the molds are not fiting well :D definitely not all the cases are perfect custom fit and like roughly 1-3% ( yes very rough guess,just me) are to resend back for reworks....thats why we see a note for fit issues guarantee by most re-shellers. This is also a must point to note in your situation as you underwent some ear surgery.....

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #9,038 of 9,690
I got these shipped in for my custom tip Triple fi and sounds better than my UE cable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261532421289?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=560407605074&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Then again, it could be memory. I used Deoxit to clean the connections so that may have something to do with it. 
The microphone for phone calls is bad though from the few calls fielded.

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #9,040 of 9,690
Debating what to do with my recently broken TF10's. I really love them and was heartbroken when I accidentally broke the internal wiring connection on one side last month. I emailed a one-man-shop headphone repair service that I found through this forum but the guy said this was a dicey job and I would be sending in at my own risk. I was a little surprised because I thought this looked like a straightforward fix. Do you guys agree?

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #9,041 of 9,690
I thoroughly enjoy my TF10 customs - midrange is pulled forward and the highs and bass frequencies are still raucous as hell! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 17, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #9,043 of 9,690
  Turn them into Custom IEM's?  That's what I am doing with mine that don't (and never will) fit my ears.  I think they put new contacts in them.

Inearz gave me the choice of using my old cable (which I hated) and going with the standard Westone/JH 2 pin config - I had to buy a cable for $35 - but I like it a lot better....

and they recessed the plugs for another $20....

Aug 17, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #9,045 of 9,690

Users who are viewing this thread

Back