Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 16, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #5,927 of 9,690
I'll inbox you...

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #5,928 of 9,690
So they arrived today, fairly excited. Came with the standard gear, steel case and various tips.

No burn in: Well, i'll be fúcking dammed. Love at first beat? I have to say they are amazing. Whether it be the euphoria of finally owning them or not, I'm not sure. I just know I love them.

Unfourtantly, and I'm not afraid to say, I genuinly don't know what lows, mids and highs are. So my impression as of now is basic.
In short, music is starting to really sound like it should. Beautiful.

Source: Acer Aspire 7540/Poweramp/Flac/FiiO E6/ UE10s.

Will get back with further opinions after awhile of using them.

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #5,929 of 9,690

Quote:
So they arrived today, fairly excited. Came with the standard gear, steel case and various tips.

No burn in: Well, i'll be fúcking dammed. Love at first beat? I have to say they are amazing. Whether it be the euphoria of finally owning them or not, I'm not sure. I just know I love them.

Unfourtantly, and I'm not afraid to say, I genuinly don't know what lows, mids and highs are. So my impression as of now is basic.

That's pretty much how I felt when I first listened to them... and still feel this way. Lows, mids, and highs are just the different types of frequencies. Bass and the like are related to the lows. Vocals and the like are related to the mids. High hats and the like are related to the highs. It's pretty easy to pick out which is which. If it sounds high, it's probably the highs, and so on... Don't trick yourself into thinking it's more complicated than it is.

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #5,930 of 9,690

Quote:
That's pretty much how I felt when I first listened to them... and still feel this way. Lows, mids, and highs are just the different types of frequencies. Bass and the like are related to the lows. Vocals and the like are related to the mids. High hats and the like are related to the highs. It's pretty easy to pick out which is which. If it sounds high, it's probably the highs, and so on... Don't trick yourself into thinking it's more complicated than it is.

Well it can get a little tricky when you go into mid bass, lower treble, higher treble region, etc.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #5,931 of 9,690

Quote:
Well it can get a little tricky when you go into mid bass, lower treble, higher treble region, etc.

Yea, but I think that's something you acquire over time. Once you know the gist of it, your ear will become trained and able to pick up those differences. I didn't want to get too detailed with the explanation for someone who didn't know where to start.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #5,932 of 9,690
Hey guys, looking to upgrade my klipsch s4's. Will the UE F10 be a nice upgrade? Been reading reviews and they seem to be mixed. Are the F10s good for gym? Also been told the Eytomic HF5 would be better. Thoughts?

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #5,933 of 9,690
Depends on how well you can get them to fit. I managed to get them to stay in place in just about any level of activity because the memory wire acts more like a clip, similar to those clip-on headphones. Flip mod applied of course.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #5,936 of 9,690

Quote:

+1 to this, so many people for their first time listening to these headphones will automatically try to find out where the mids are recessed because they had been reading about it all week long on this appreciation thread and just want to find justification for it. I like your back to basics approach, just let your ears guide you.

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #5,938 of 9,690
Own both, the guy in the GR07 appreciation thread summed up so well that I didn't bother adding my thoughts. In short, TF10 would not be as accurate as the GR07, but it would be more exciting. One example is that when I try convert someone, I let them listen to the TF10 since it has the WOW factor; but for the already audiophiles, I let them try the GR07 like showing off a new toy just to get your buddy all jealous.

Quote:
Thanks. What about the Vsonic GR07? How do they compare to the UE 10?

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #5,939 of 9,690
I miss my TF10 so much... I hope Logitech will get their stock soon. For me everything is TF10 was perfect. Well, maybe a bit more bass would be just perfect. I even had to sell fxt90 after listening to TF10, for me jvc clarity wasn't on the TF10 level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back