Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #5,956 of 9,690
Logitech is degrading with time, take a look at-
Z2300 vs Z623
Z5500 vs Z906
X-540 vs Z506
Every old mouse/keyboard vs their new line of keyboards/mice.
Old UE700 vs new UE700
and soon the TF10.
The new equipment costs the same as the old one (and even more), but the build quality and the performance is lower, much lower.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #5,957 of 9,690
Hello, lads.

I'm using UE super fi 3 with iphone 4S now, but cable (2nd to date) started to die again. I have white iphone, white earbuds and I need white cable. But it looks lie UE doesn't make white cables anymore, only black cable is available.

So I'm looking for new ears for iphone, the problem is I need white design/color earbuds and similar to UE noise isolation. And something similar to super fi 3 sound - very cool and monitor like.

I'm not a headphone geek, so I dunno where to start. By the way my desktop rig is AT AD1000 with audiophile USB.

I see super fi 10 now is relatively cheap compared to $400 couple of years ago. How is it with iphone, is it really good? Will I hear the difference? Cause iphone not the best source, you know. Yes, the headphones are black with black cord, but perhaps I could live with it :)

Or perhaps you could help to choose white design headphones with noise isolation under $200? :)

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #5,958 of 9,690

Quote:
Hello, lads.

I'm using UE super fi 3 with iphone 4S now, but cable (2nd to date) started to die again. I have white iphone, white earbuds and I need white cable. But it looks lie UE doesn't make white cables anymore, only black cable is available.

So I'm looking for new ears for iphone, the problem is I need white design/color earbuds and similar to UE noise isolation. And something similar to super fi 3 sound - very cool and monitor like.

I'm not a headphone geek, so I dunno where to start. By the way my desktop rig is AT AD1000 with audiophile USB.

I see super fi 10 now is relatively cheap compared to $400 couple of years ago. How is it with iphone, is it really good? Will I hear the difference? Cause iphone not the best source, you know. Yes, the headphones are black with black cord, but perhaps I could live with it :)

Or perhaps you could help to choose white design headphones with noise isolation under $200? :)

I use the TF10 with my iphone and computer and it sounds fantastic on both. It would def be a step up from where you are now. However, I see that you're stuck on white, and the TF10 only comes in metallic blue. If I were you, I would say screw the color and get what sounds best. This isn't a fashion show.

Feb 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #5,959 of 9,690
so im starting to get the inbalance issues, and this is what logitech sent me:

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry for the wait in receiving my reply.

Alan, upon checking, we no longer manufacture the Logitech Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10. I would like to offer you a refund.
Please be advised that you will need to return your device using the pre-paid shipping label that we will provide.
You will receive the shipping label once we have validated your receipt or invoice.
Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for processing your refund from the date that we have received your device, and receipt.
Would you be interested in receiving a refund?

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com, or reply to this e-mail. 
If you need assistance with logging into your account, please click on this link: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17111

Thank you for choosing Logitech. 

Regards, 

Lane 
Logitech Inc. 
Customer Care - America

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #5,960 of 9,690
Why did they tell me that they are getting a new batch in april?
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #5,962 of 9,690

Quote:
Damn, so the TF10s can't be had anymore?

They can still be bought from Amazon, ebay etc. Even Logitech's site says you can purchase them and they will ship when they are in stock. But now a CSR is saying they stopped making them, so info is wrong from someplace. When I spoke with someone on their live chat about a warranty replacement, the guy their said they would replace them once they had stock. He said I would get an email in a couple days about when they would have them in, that email never came.

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #5,964 of 9,690

Quote:
Why did they tell me that they are getting a new batch in april?
confused_face_2.gif

im going to email them again in april, hopefully this lady just didn't know what she's talking about

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #5,965 of 9,690

Quote:
Z2300 vs Z623
Z5500 vs Z906
X-540 vs Z506
Old UE700 vs new UE700
and soon the TF10.
The new equipment costs the same as the old one (and even more), but the build quality and the performance is lower, much lower.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Then that's rather worrying. At this rate, I may just go for the re-shell this summer instead of waiting for the socket to break. I've got a friend who lives in Florida so he can hang on to them until I get back from a trip to China. Until then, I'll have to *downgrade* to something else...Maybe an IE8 or IE7 if I can get a real one?
atsmile.gif

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #5,966 of 9,690

Quote:

Then that's rather worrying. At this rate, I may just go for the re-shell this summer instead of waiting for the socket to break. I've got a friend who lives in Florida so he can hang on to them until I get back from a trip to China. Until then, I'll have to downgrade to something else...Maybe an IE8 or IE7 if I can get a real one?
atsmile.gif

Downgrade? lol. I wouldn't call the IE8 a downgrade. Maybe check into getting the IE80s. I consider that a clear upgrade over the TF10.

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #5,967 of 9,690
What are you talking about? Their new mouse and keyboards like the Performance MX and K800 (and pretty much product that uses darkfield and/or their unifying receivers) are amazing.

Quote:
Z2300 vs Z623
Z5500 vs Z906
X-540 vs Z506
Old UE700 vs new UE700
and soon the TF10.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #5,968 of 9,690

Quote:
Z2300 vs Z623
Z5500 vs Z906
X-540 vs Z506
Old UE700 vs new UE700
and soon the TF10.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Yeah I noticed this too, their stuff is just slowly crapping out. I don't know if they're getting lazy or what but the quality in their products just isn't what it used to be anymore.

Computer speakers have always been kinda ehhh. I used to be a huge fan of Creative's surround sound options. 

The mouse/keyboard market is almost absolutely dominated by Razer these days although I still love my G15 that I'm using right now :)

The IEM market is really oversaturated and a LOT of research and development needs to go into them as well. I mean they picked up the Ultimate Ears brand which was the best of the best when they bought it, but as things like Sennheiser hopping onboard, as well as Monster coming out with their Turbine's line for the masses, they just couldn't keep up especially since Jerry Harvey wasn't in the company anymore and I'm assuming they went with the new "UExxx" designation IEM's as new product out of ease of manufacturing but they're all worse than the true Ultimate Ears Super.fi/Triple.fi product that they replaced.

The TF10's are still hot stuff though and I'll continue to believe that until I find something better for the money. The alternative is a mid-tier Shure or the Etymotic ER4P (niche following IMO) or god forbid, the Turbines.

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #5,969 of 9,690
Hey guys, I recently got a pair of Triple Fi 10's and I've been loving them. However, I think the cable is kinda bad and I'm looking to replace them. I've decided to get the Null Audio Arete which I've been hearing good things about. However, there's been one major obstacle. I CAN'T GET THE CABLES OFF! I've heard stories of people ripping off the connectors so I've been trying to be very gently with them and rocking them out slowly. I've been trying for almost an hour and I can't even get one side off. I believe I've managed to make a tiny gap where i can squeeze my finger nail in it but when I keep applying steady pressure it doesn't budge anymore! Help please!

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #5,970 of 9,690

Quote:
Hey guys, I recently got a pair of Triple Fi 10's and I've been loving them. However, I think the cable is kinda bad and I'm looking to replace them. I've decided to get the Null Audio Arete which I've been hearing good things about. However, there's been one major obstacle. I CAN'T GET THE CABLES OFF! I've heard stories of people ripping off the connectors so I've been trying to be very gently with them and rocking them out slowly. I've been trying for almost an hour and I can't even get one side off. I believe I've managed to make a tiny gap where i can squeeze my finger nail in it but when I keep applying steady pressure it doesn't budge anymore! Help please!

You should just squeeze the connector and pull gently instead of using your nails to try and wedge it out as doing so will put more strain on one side of the pins, and will cause what you're trying to prevent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back