Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #4,261 of 9,690

Quote:
I just ordered that with a black cover yesterday. I got a TF10 coming and hope to have Chris_Himself make me a dope cable that has a perfect fit with no gaps. 
biggrin.gif

Oh DID you now?

But yes thanks for helping me test those out :D

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #4,262 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm thinking of making mine in the style of the sleeved Null cables.

http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve/sleeve.htm

Any idea the brand of this jack??

Thanks!

Thats an Oyaide rhodium plated right angle plug, they're about 20 dollars are really weighty and high quality. ALO has 'em, 7 dollar minimum shipping though :frowning2:

Also when you order the MDPC-X, definitely get the size small regardless of if it's for headphones for IEMs, it's worth the money, the minimum order makes it like 33 bucks though, but you do get a bunch. It's hands down the best sleeving option, the minimum order is probably the only reason a lot more guys don't use it.

Null Audio's cable is multifilament nylon I believe, the MDPC-X is gonna be more plastic-ey, but it's the look that you're after, it doesn't fray either.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #4,263 of 9,690

Quote:
The FX700 has a similarly v-shaped signature, and isn't nearly as cumbersome in terms of finding a good fit. I'd highly recommend looking into the FX700.

I second the FX700...I just traded in my TF10 (with Lune cables) & old E5c for the FX700. I run off the Fostex HP-P1 & Venturecraft Go-DAP 4.0 and the TF10 sounded dark off those DAC/Amps.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #4,264 of 9,690
Oh crap. Broke em.

Pulled the wires out from inside them while trying to disconnect the cables. Dammit. I have no interest in shipping these back to Logitech for a pair of 700s either... 

Anyone have any experience taking these things apart? I pryed the back black rubberylike cover apart, but I can't seem to pull it off completely because the drivers are stuck and won't come out the back.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #4,266 of 9,690
haha these are a princess pair of monitors!  i hope i dont have to do open heart surgery on myn any time soon!

still rockin out 6+ hours a day with my tf10's! (proper volume level of course)

churs,

M

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #4,267 of 9,690

Quote:
haha these are a princess pair of monitors!  i hope i dont have to do open heart surgery on myn any time soon!

still rockin out 6+ hours a day with my tf10's! (proper volume level of course)

churs,

M

Man, I almost needed open heart surgery when I pulled the wires out and broke them. I swear my heart skipped a beat. 

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #4,268 of 9,690
haha, i can just see the pause and look on your face!!! lol priceless. true audiophile :p

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #4,272 of 9,690

Quote:
that look useful, do you know if it is included with the $5 plugs or does it have to be by separate?

imagine a bit of puty epoxy inside. best strain relief for the sleeve and the cable

It's $4 more than the listed one and $11 shipped for 1 set. Have to message the seller for the set with the cover. Worth it to me if it ends up making the custom cable fit perfectly on the TF10.

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #4,275 of 9,690

Quote:

What's even better is that the seller responds super quick to all questions and I already got the tracking number. 
biggrin.gif

...and now we wait...

You know I'm gonna be sitting here waiting on 4 packages on your behalf now lol...

Have you owned TF10's before? If this is your first time around you'll be pleasantly surprised how they stack up to 3-400 dollar IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back