Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Oct 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #4,246 of 9,690

Quote:
LOL yea I'd feel the same way if I had YOUR personal TF10s... still might be one of the best lookin' ones on the block alongside Pandab55's

The W3 is good, I usually prefer the UM1/2/3x, but the TF10 is a punchy dramatic sounding IEM, which gives it the mass appeal it has earned, so it's counterpart would really be the W3...

The way to describe the W3 is EXPLOSIVE with all the detail that it should have at that price point. It's sad that if I didn't own mine from back when they cost a lot more than they do now, I might not appreciate or gravitate towards them the way I do now. What is Logitech thinking discontinuing these?

Would you say the W3 is more fun than the TF10?

Also, are you referring to my TF10's before or after the reshell?
biggrin.gif

I'm definitely picking up a pair of stock TF10's if they come back for the $100 deal again. That way I'll be able to use my multicolored Sony Hybrids as well as your awesome silver cable. My Fisher remolds have the Inearz/Westone cables so I can't use the silver cable with the remolds unfortunately.

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #4,247 of 9,690
Would you say the W3 is more fun than the TF10?

Also, are you referring to my TF10's before or after the reshell?
biggrin.gif

I'm definitely picking up a pair of stock TF10's if they come back for the $100 deal again. That way I'll be able to use my multicolored Sony Hybrids as well as your awesome silver cable. My Fisher remolds have the Inearz/Westone cables so I can't use the silver cable with the remolds unfortunately.

Depends on what you call fun.

For me, imo mid bass hump is plain disturbing. It starts of sounding like a High end BA, then once the bass is called out, it literally destroys everything else. That's in my friend's W3. Maybe he got a defective one, i'm not sure. But I'd pick the tf10 over the 3s anyday
(I'm pretty sure it isn't defective since the demo Jaben sounds the same)

Edit: wait if the TF10s are being discontinued, are they gonna make a new model? I don't think they'll announce the discontinuation before announcing the new one's release, unless they don't plan on releasing a new one at all... Which is plain dumb

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #4,256 of 9,690

Quote:
Right before shipping my TF10's off..  I found that the stock monster single flanges work well with them!!

As are the foam-gel supertips T_T

quite comfy!!

I just got the supertips, I like the gel ones.  They sound a lot better than the original tips.  Wish I found out about them a lot earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back