The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared
Mar 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #242 of 615
Quote:
Which sounds better? FiiO12 or iBasso D-Zero?
I'm currently using ue 700 and planning to get grado sr80i in a year or too,
I'm thinking of an amp too, but after looking through all the review, I have narrowed down to 12 and d-zero
what is the difference in the sound characteristic? which one suit the ue 700 and grado better

Though E12 is the better sounding amp, I'll go against it and recommend D-zero as you don't need the extra power of the E12 and D-zero might be better pairing with UE700 and Grado.

Quote:
It seems as if the E11 trumps the E12 in many aspects despite its lower price, so why is it placed higher in ranking on your list?

Because the list is ranked based purely on overall SQ. In other words, the sum of individual category isn't larger than the total.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #244 of 615
Quote:
Eagerly awaiting your review.
smily_headphones1.gif

Order will be placed soon, but nevertheless we still have to wait till the 12th for JDS to deliver the next batch. Putting in the two weeks for delivery, May is perhaps a better projection. Right now I am debating to myself whether I should get a C&C BH or not...decision, decision.

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #245 of 615
Quote:

Order will be placed soon, but nevertheless we still have to wait till the 12th for JDS to deliver the next batch. Putting in the two weeks for delivery, May is perhaps a better projection. Right now I am debating to myself whether I should get a C&C BH or not...decision, decision.

ClieOS, I'd say go for it. It may be little, but it packs one hell of a punch! It's a shot worth trying 
wink.gif
 especially for it's price! 
etysmile.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #247 of 615
Order for C5 has been placed. I am still not too sure about BH since I know it will get very little actual use. I don't think I'll order a new unit for it, and most likely going to hunt down a 2nd hand unit in the forum if it pops up with a reasonable price.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #248 of 615
Order for C5 has been placed. I am still not too sure about BH since I know it will get very little actual use. I don't think I'll order a new unit for it, and most likely going to hunt down a 2nd hand unit in the forum if it pops up with a reasonable price.

Great!
Looking forward to your C5 impressions once you receive the amp.

Apr 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #249 of 615
So stoked! I am debating between the UHA-4, C421 and C5, can't wait to see what you think 
size]

Quote:

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #251 of 615
Unless there is a good reason, I'll generally stick to desktop amp when it comes to full size >= 250ohm. Tube amp doesn't necessary measure / performance better than solid state, but often is a lot more fun to listen to, plus tube rolling to get the best synergy is in itself great fun as well. The end result can be very satisfying.  However, HD600/650 isn't that hard to drive that portable can't drive them well enough. Leckerton Audio UHA-6 MK2 will be something I would consider as a portable all-in-one solution.

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #253 of 615
I'm considering getting an iBasso T5 to pair with my Hifiman RE272s. Does the T5 remember what volume you set it at when you turn it off? I would rather not have to adjust the volume with the digital steps every time I use it.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #254 of 615
Quote:
I'm considering getting an iBasso T5 to pair with my Hifiman RE272s. Does the T5 remember what volume you set it at when you turn it off? I would rather not have to adjust the volume with the digital steps every time I use it.

Yes, it will remember the volume of last use. However, do take note that I am not too impressed with its build quality. It is a risk you will have to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back