The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared
Apr 11, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #256 of 615
Quote:
Hi ClieOS,

Will you be getting a JDS C5? I'd be interested to know what you think about it in comparison to the c421.

Yes, my C5 is on its way to me right now. Should be here in less than two weeks if nothing goes wrong.

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #259 of 615
Quote:
Would you say the Hifiman RE272s sound better with the T5 or the O2? If the O2 sounds better I might go for that instead.

O2 wins, but only by a hair.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #261 of 615
Quote:
Digizoid ZO2.3 is good to pair with the shure 535 or se215 with Itouch 5?

I would use neither with amp. But ZO2.3 is as much an bass EQ than it is an amp  - I'll only recommend it if you already listened to the IEM and find them lacking bass.

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #262 of 615
Would you suggest any good bass earphone under 100$ (prefer iem with good isolation) for ZO 2.3. I want to use it to listen some house music (progressive, trance, remix, dance) or Kpop. Thank you 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #263 of 615
Would you suggest any good bass earphone under 100$ (prefer iem with good isolation) for ZO 2.3. I want to use it to listen some house music (progressive, trance, remix, dance) or Kpop. Thank you 
bigsmile_face.gif
Ask here. :wink:

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #264 of 615
Quote:
Unless there is a good reason, I'll generally stick to desktop amp when it comes to full size >= 250ohm. Tube amp doesn't necessary measure / performance better than solid state, but often is a lot more fun to listen to, plus tube rolling to get the best synergy is in itself great fun as well. The end result can be very satisfying.  However, HD600/650 isn't that hard to drive that portable can't drive them well enough. Leckerton Audio UHA-6 MK2 will be something I would consider as a portable all-in-one solution. 

I Should note my source would be the Mac Book and Mog music service Kbps 320 would that change your view. I don't listen at
 high volume. My Hd 650 will be delivered soon as well as a E11 which I ordered for a HD 598 which I returned. Maybe I will try the E11 with my Samsung galaxy 3 and my GR07 at the gym because it gets pretty noisy so the E 11 may help. At home it's nice and quiet and the Mac Book gives me plenty of power so I just need a nice simple solution to enjoy the HD650. I'm for some reason attracted to the E12 but I respect your work. I could leave a desk top system in my living room where I sit but if feasible something I could carry around in the house with my Mac Book would be nice but of course I want a good experience. Also do I need a Dac included with the MacBook. Thanks.

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #265 of 615
Is your Woodwind review up yet?

Apr 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #267 of 615
Shure SE215: isolates like high-end ergofit stage monitors, has good bass without being overwhelming, and awesome mids for the price.
Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #268 of 615
Quote:
I Should note my source would be the Mac Book and Mog music service Kbps 320 would that change your view. I don't listen at high volume. My Hd 650 will be delivered soon as well as a E11 which I ordered for a HD 598 which I returned. Maybe I will try the E11 with my Samsung galaxy 3 and my GR07 at the gym because it gets pretty noisy so the E 11 may help. At home it's nice and quiet and the Mac Book gives me plenty of power so I just need a nice simple solution to enjoy the HD650. I'm for some reason attracted to the E12 but I respect your work. I could leave a desk top system in my living room where I sit but if feasible something I could carry around in the house with my Mac Book would be nice but of course I want a good experience. Also do I need a Dac included with the MacBook. Thanks.

Quote:
I looked at the Leckerton stock on their website they are out of stock until June on the UHA 6 mk 2 the other UHA 6 models are discontinued. The model 4 is available. I know you suggested the 6. Nice size so your suggested is well received. 

Try the E11 first and see how it goes. At worst, it will still give you an indicator on how you want your HD650 to be driven. The better way will be to have a decent desktop amp/DAC plus an amp for portable, but you will have to double your budget for two units. If you like to save a bit but still want really good sound quality, then consider a separated USB DAC, plus an portable amp. The would open up a lot more options.

Quote:
Is your Woodwind review up yet?

Here. It will be added to this thread if I am able to get the final release.

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #270 of 615
Try the E11 first and see how it goes. At worst, it will still give you an indicator on how you want your HD650 to be driven. The better way will be to have a decent desktop amp/DAC plus an amp for portable, but you will have to double your budget for two units. If you like to save a bit but still want really good sound quality, then consider a separated USB DAC, plus an portable amp. The would open up a lot more options.

Not sure what that option would be. Are you thinking of something like the fiio e9/o7or e17 combo?
Does that have really good SQ. I have also a ZVOX audio unit for my TV I don't know if that is a option ? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back