The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared
Mar 14, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #196 of 615
Not all of them are samples. FiiO, Lear, SoundMAGIC and digiZoid are, there rest are my own purchase.
Have enough amps? :p

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #197 of 615
Quote:
Have enough amps?
tongue.gif

Apparently never
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #198 of 615
Apparently never :wink:
and then there's be without any portable amps besides the ZO2.3 that I'm selling... I want a bright amp with a good sound stage. Recs?

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #200 of 615
Mar 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #202 of 615
i think they are about the same sound. they both used [size=small]PCM2704.[/size]

[size=small]but i prefer the ELE more since they are cheaper.[/size]
kk, I might order the Muse due to faster shipping though.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #205 of 615
Quote:
 I want a bright amp with a good sound stage. Recs?

What you'll want is something that is extremely transparent and revealing, and O2 will fit the bill if you are willing to carry it around. If C5 is as good as its measurement is indicated, then perhaps it will fit as well. I have a prototype amp that almost fit the description as well, thought it is not yet ready for prime time so I won't bother you with it for now.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #206 of 615
What you'll want is something that is extremely transparent and revealing, and O2 will fit the bill if you are willing to carry it around. If C5 is as good as its measurement is indicated, then perhaps it will fit as well. I have a prototype amp that almost fit the description as well, thought it is not yet ready for prime time so I won't bother you with it for now.
I'm gonna make an O2 for the car, buy need something pocket able for my iems once u get Em though... What's the prototype amp? Also, can't wait for c5 impressions... Seems promising.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #207 of 615
Quote:
I'm gonna make an O2 for the car, buy need something pocket able for my iems once u get Em though... What's the prototype amp? Also, can't wait for c5 impressions... Seems promising.

It is called 'Project Woodwind', not sure if that's its final name or not. You won't find any detail over the web about it for now, but I think it is in the final phase of R&D if not already into early production. Think of an ultraportable amp that has the O2 level of SQ. I will talk more about it in the preview I am writing at the moment.

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #208 of 615
It is called 'Project Woodwind', not sure if that's its final name or not. You won't find any detail over the web about it for now, but I think it is in the final phase of R&D if not already into early production. Think of an ultraportable amp that has the O2 level of SQ. I will talk more about it in the preview I am writing at the moment.
Sounds promising... Is it DIY? If not, what company?

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #210 of 615
Quote:
Sounds promising... Is it DIY? If not, what company?

Not DIY. I only have the amp board (PCB) but not the full amp to play with, but the PCB is not something you can solder with hand. The guy works in a company called Critical Point Engineering, but I don't know much about the company nor about the scale of this project.

Quote:
Hi ClieOS,
How would you rank the Audinst HP-AMP among this list?

Sorry, never listen to any Audinst before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back