Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #22,501 of 24,807
Want Megatron
bigsmile_face.gif

May 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #22,507 of 24,807
Quote:
really ?
i had the impression that BHSE and T2 were in the same league. ( keeping out rarity ofcourse ) ( isnt BH design based  (/ inspired? ) on T2 and the BHSE s the improved version by justin ? so in theory BHSE should be better )

T2  and  D-I-Y  T2    are somewhat different, the D-I-Y  T2  has numerous improvements, I think mostly in voltage and current regulation and active device linearity measures.  I dunno about the Stax T2, but the D-I-Y  T2 certainly is said to better the BHSE according to people who have heard both.

May 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #22,508 of 24,807
To me the DIY T2 is the best looking amp I've ever seen, but apparently Justin isn't interested in building that amp.
Which is probably just aswell because I don't think Stax would allow the DIY T2 to be done commercially, but I don't know for sure.

I said I would never get shut of my BHSE, but I would for the DIY T2, but only if Justin was willing and allowed to build it.

May 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #22,511 of 24,807
The longest I've had my BHSE on continuously is 9 hours, and yes it did get hot, but out of curiosity I put my hands on the amp section and was able to keep them there. I only left them on for about thirty seconds, but I could quite easily have left them on longer. As I said the BHSE did get hot, but not as hot as some might be thinking it does

May 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #22,514 of 24,807
T2 schematics were provided to the DIY community, no commercial release was authorized by Stax so you better get your soldering and debugging skills up if you want one :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back