The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #20,646 of 24,807
If you manage to get the diaphragm stuck to the stator you will have to repair it or live with lower quality sound.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #20,651 of 24,807
I'd like to repeat pao_revolt's request.  It would be great if someone with the cover could provide its dimensions.  I have not been able to find this out on either the Stax site or the sites of a number of distributors.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #20,652 of 24,807
I don't think the Stax cover maybe big enough for the double Woo stand judging from pictures. A cheaper solution which does the same thing, why not buy vinyl sleeves? Guard against dust, cheap to buy, anti-static, easily disposable if ripped and protects your headphones.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #20,653 of 24,807
The Stax cover is 11.5 inches high, 8 inches wide, and opens to 5 inches thick, as best I can measure it with a tape measure. 
It's like a bag, so it puffs out, of course. It's a heavy duty plastic semi-opaque on one side, clear on the others, and says STAX on it in gold letters.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #20,654 of 24,807
So, when auditioning headphones one of my basic tracks is 'Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box' as the opening is a good indication of bass impact/precision... currently awaiting a back-order on purchased Sr-407's... and wondering how they will do.  Played through speakers, the impact is lost (it's not sub-sub bass/I would like to know what frequency it is, for reference) so headphones win on this frequency for me.  I know going into Stax that I won't find the 'thump' I sometimes love, which is okay with me, but would love anyone's opinion on the performance of Stax generally with this frequency...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back