The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #18,993 of 24,807
The SR-009 is a very poor choice for gaming headphones. While playing you will inevitably get all sweaty from all the intense action happening on screen, and when that occurs you will be electrocuted and die a terrible death in your underwear, your Cheeto-incrusted lips gasping for air as your hands go stiff while clutching the controller.

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #18,994 of 24,807
The SR-009 is a very poor choice for gaming headphones. While playing you will inevitably get all sweaty from all the intense action happening on screen, and when that occurs you will be electrocuted and die a terrible death in your underwear, your Cheeto-incrusted lips gasping for air as your hands go stiff while clutching the controller.

:blink:

On a more serous note, my GES will be here today. Much excitement.

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #18,995 of 24,807
:blink:

On a more serous note, my GES will be here today. Much excitement.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts as I am still at a very early stage with my GES but enjoying it very much with the 009s.

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #18,999 of 24,807
Quote:

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #19,000 of 24,807
Jul 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #19,002 of 24,807
So if you got a pair of 009's for only $10, what else did you pick up at the sale and for how much - and don't tell me you didn't grab the old man's entire audio gear.

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #19,003 of 24,807
Quote:

The new V4 amp 
Above you see a Class-A ultra high-end amplifier and it is said about this amplifier :"The amplifier sounds very clear and detailed. The basses are dry and strong, the frequencies at the high end are sounding very transparent. The very fine resolution of this amplifier has reached a level that will easily outplay every other amplifier out there."
blink.gif

I will get this DIY amplifier(Andreas Rauenbuehler) this week and testing it with Stax SR-009 and then i can probably confirm if the above statement is right or not.
With a supply voltage of +/-400 Volt the amplifier can output more then 500 Volt eff (=1500Volt Vss from stator to stator)
A newly designed power supply with regulated output voltage.It features low impedance outputs and very low ripple.  Additionaly a tailor-made electronical fuse replaces the conventional fuse for a better protection against short-circuit, without having negativ influence on sound. In this version the main supply is generated by cascading two +400V sources to +/-400V. It reduces the amount of different semiconductors. The applied cascode circuit in the feedback loop allows the application of semiconductors with more suitable parameters (faster, lower noise) which improve the dynamic behavior of the circuit.

In short the V 4 with SR-009/AR -DAC 8 /and Western Electric cables

*much better than both Stax 727 and 600LTD amplifiers
*sound is on the warm side of neutral
*tube like sound added with some wichcraft (early Electrocompaniet sound from the 80's)
*extremely natural and wide sound
*dynamic
*plenty of details
*excellent PRAT
*very deep bass
*soundstage is almost double to 727
*plenty of power
*sensitive to AC
*doesn't get hot
*a dream match with Stax SR-009 headphones

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #19,004 of 24,807
Quote:

There may be just north of 50.  The first run was 24, and I think 32 of the current run have shipped so far.  Not 100% on that though.

thru #49 have all been delivered, #50-57 are burning in, and #58-65 I started to build today

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 27, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #19,005 of 24,807
Hi,

I've been reading the older posts of this thread and have a question. I own a Lambda Nova Signature and a stock T1S energizer, wondering how I could improve it without major modifications. As I had some great results rolling tubes in my preamp and power amps I would appreciate some suggestions, tubes (E182CC?) and maybe caps.

A friend of mine is an electronics engineer and has fixed/improved my gear many times. Looking into my T1S he said that the quality of the components was quite good.

And another question: where would be the best source to get the new leather replacement earpads? I understand they fit the Nova Sigs too.

TIA for your comments.

Best regards, Jörg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back