The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2008 at 12:18 PM Post #8,086 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not post them here, for everyones pleasure?
wink.gif

Just lazy/very busy I guess. Eric can post them if he wants to...

Sep 13, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #8,087 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by arirug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today a pair of Stax lambda Signature and a Stax SRM-1/MK-2.P.P. arrived from Iceland! This is my first stax-equipment ever, so I really look forward to listen to it later today! Thanks for wrapping it up very good Spritzer!

Congratulations Arild!
biggrin.gif

Let us know when you have hooked it all up and listened to it for a while. I am quite sure you will be well pleased...

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #8,088 of 24,807
Thank you! First impression is very good! I will listen more seriously to it later today. I have spend some days reading the whole Stax thread (new), and now I`m into the old thread. There are a lot of good information here!

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #8,089 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I documented this in the "downsides of Stax" thread as well. Stax needs to change up their modeling scheme a little. Even their suppliers get mixed up.

I'm so sorry about your lost weekend, WilCox. I can only imagine what that must be like.

Yes, the stax model designations create a lot of confusion not only in this forum where people are pretty savy, but with their distributors as well.

Good news is that I have been listening to this SRM-007tA with my SR-404 and love the increased level of refinement over my SRM-006 MkII. So, I will be keeping the amp -- excuse me -- "driver unit" (must make sure to use STAX-speak!).
smile.gif
Not a lost weekend afterall!

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #8,094 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You would need a high bias (5 pin connector) step-up transformer (SRD-7mk2 or SRD-7 Pro, both are rare and bring high $) or high bias SRM amp. I think this would take you over your budget. The SR-001mk2 system is a nice choice (Audiocubes II has them for $299US). This is not your typical phone. The headstage is closed-in, the tonal balance is soft on top and some find them uncomfortable. I would try them before I would buy. I have a SR-003 and they can be a lot of fun, but I would not recommend as a entry into the Stax sound. IMO the SR-3 or 5 with a SRD-6 is a good start for the dollar (but remember you will need a loudspeaker amp to drive them).

What about this: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/fs...e-drop-361391/

At the moment, I only have a corda XXS as an amplifier.....

Would I be able to connect my iRiver H332 as an input?

Sep 14, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #8,095 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about this: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/fs...e-drop-361391/

At the moment, I only have a corda XXS as an amplifier.....

Would I be able to connect my iRiver H332 as an input?

Same kit as audiocubes would sell you - and yes, the iriver would feed it just fine.

Sep 14, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #8,097 of 24,807
A random question for Stax owners: anyone interested in picking up a pair of Lambda Nova Signatures or SR-006t?

I thought I would drop it before heading over to the "For Sale" section.

I'm trying to kill off the rest of my money in my bank account by trying to pick up a new laptop, so I made that grave decision that something else must part. But it's okay--SR-007a will be soon on the list of things to purchase.
evil_smiley.gif

Anyone interested simply drop me a line!

Sep 14, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #8,098 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One cool tidbit of information. I was digging through my old Stereophile mags reading Stax reviews and figured out that I own the SR-Omega that they used as a review sample.
normal_smile .gif

Thats quite cool!
bigsmile_face.gif

Then you certainly have a special pair of SR-Omega's.

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #8,099 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yes I remember know....It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I have subscribed to it. I may have to go digging and see if I have that issue. I quit subscribing around the time they went to the larger format.

It's the March 1995 issue with a Pass Aleph 0 on the front. The review is a great read as the SR-Ω is being compared to the He60/Hev70 system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats quite cool!
bigsmile_face.gif

Then you certainly have a special pair of SR-Omega's.

Cursed would be more like it, since the 007 drivers are in that set.
ph34r.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #8,100 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cursed would be more like it, since the 007 drivers are in that set.
ph34r.gif

True! I though it were your SR-Omega pair with stock transducers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back