The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #8,071 of 24,807
While I'm willing to believe that your statement is true, for my purposes it wouldn't matter a great deal. I imagine they're both perfectly competent cables, and when I plug in an extension it's usually because what I'm about to engage in is something other than "critical listening".

Usually sleeping in my big chair.

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #8,072 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody got pictures of the SRD-7 MkII board?

I am quite sure I have seen internal pictures of the SRD-7 MKII (or was it a Pro?) around here.
Guess you have looked through this thread, right?

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #8,073 of 24,807
ericj...check your PM's

Steve

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #8,074 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am quite sure I have seen internal pictures of the SRD-7 MKII (or was it a Pro?) around here.
Guess you have looked through this thread, right?

There's an SRD-7 Pro picture here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/2782268-post770.html

which might tell me enough, I guess.

Basically I'm being a weenie about figuring out the layout. If you've seen my P2P work you'll know why.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #8,075 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by WilCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered my SR-007A last night from PriceJapan.com when the price dropped below $1,800. Price is even lower this morning at $1,783!

I had ordered an SR-007 (MkI) from Audio Cubes II a week ago, before they pulled it off their site, but they informed me that they could no longer get any old stock.

I have a small supply of Blu-Tak ready to go, if needed.
wink_face.gif

Thought I'd be joining the STAX high-end team this afternoon when DHL dropped off my SR-007A and was looking forward to a weekend of electrostatic bliss. Unfortunately, when I opened the heavy box, it was an SRM-007tA instead!
frown.gif

Hopefully PriceJapan.com has reasonable customer service and can rectify this in short order. No response to my e-mails yet, however.

Sep 12, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #8,076 of 24,807
I documented this in the "downsides of Stax" thread as well. Stax needs to change up their modeling scheme a little. Even their suppliers get mixed up.

I'm so sorry about your lost weekend, WilCox. I can only imagine what that must be like.

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #8,077 of 24,807
Quote:

Thought I'd be joining the STAX high-end team this afternoon when DHL dropped off my SR-007A and was looking forward to a weekend of electrostatic bliss. Unfortunately, when I opened the heavy box, it was an SRM-007tA instead!
frown.gif

Hopefully PriceJapan.com has reasonable customer service and can rectify this in short order. No response to my e-mails yet, however.

Thats quite a mix-up!
Hopefully PriceJapan stick up to it and give you an easy exchange.

Fingers crossed.

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #8,078 of 24,807
Quote:

frown.gif

You mean you got an amp instead of phones? Whoa.

EIFL is still selling the 007A for $1750.00 shipping included for that price. I got mine from them in less than a week. I wonder if the price will continue to go down. I recall a similar slide with the 404 some years ago. Possibly Stax lowers the price as it gets back its investment.

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #8,079 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new cable _is_ better than the old one though.

I understand the high freq. extension is better than the old cable.
But I assume since I'm using sr404 that a bit less HF extension is
a good thing!

Sep 12, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #8,080 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's an SRD-7 Pro picture here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/2782268-post770.html

which might tell me enough, I guess.

Basically I'm being a weenie about figuring out the layout. If you've seen my P2P work you'll know why.

I have pics here so just PM me your email address.

Sep 12, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #8,081 of 24,807
Quote:

frown.gif

Seems they are sometimes confused about all the Stax stuff. Or they are dying to get rid of the 007tA's.
rolleyes.gif

Maybe one reason why an 007tA stands here instead of the ordered 727A.
frown.gif

But I'm sure they are trying hard to find a quick fix with you, too.
First of all, this should be offering to send the 007tA back to Japan at their own expense.

All the best,
mopps

Sep 13, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #8,082 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by mopps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems they are sometimes confused about all the Stax stuff. Or they are dying to get rid of the 007tA's.
rolleyes.gif

Maybe one reason why an 007tA stands here instead of the ordered 727A.
frown.gif

But I'm sure they are trying hard to find a quick fix with you, too.
First of all, this should be offering to send the 007tA back to Japan at their own expense.

All the best,
mopps

PriceJapan did get back to me a few hours ago and offered to pick up the SRM-007tA at no expense to me. They also offered me a $200 discount if I wanted to keep the amp ($1200 total cost to me). I think I will do that as I don't have the $5K right now for a "proper" amp to drive the SR-007A.
wink_face.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #8,083 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have pics here so just PM me your email address.

Why not post them here, for everyones pleasure?
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #8,084 of 24,807
Today a pair of Stax lambda Signature and a Stax SRM-1/MK-2.P.P. arrived from Iceland! This is my first stax-equipment ever, so I really look forward to listen to it later today! Thanks for wrapping it up very good Spritzer!

Sep 13, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #8,085 of 24,807
^ Good combo, enjoy the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back