The Fiio X5 Thread
Mar 23, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #19,081 of 19,652
  I completely disagree with you and love my X3 and X5 DAPs. Love them! Just sayin....

Agreed on the X5 (never had/heard the X3)!
beerchug.gif

Dose anyone can recommend me amplifier for fiio x5?

I liked it with my FiiO E12, liked it even better with the Cayin C5...
but absolutely love it these days with my Headstage Arrow 5P
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #19,083 of 19,652
These Arrows do not only deliver superb sq combined with the X5's excellent (line out) dac. They're also so small/thin/light that you almost wouldn't notice that they're there. Great battery life also => highly recommended amps
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #19,085 of 19,652
I agree with your opinion; I bought my X5 in 2015 of May, full of hope after reading the good reviews. Not to mention that X5 was my first DAP.
I'm not saying that the sound it's bad, it's not bad at all, but the softwer could be a LOT improved, developed.
What a shame from this company to their own customers!

I strongly disagree. X5 is an amazing product, and technical support for it has ended. It has reached it's final stage, and is past it's prime. Fiio still helped people repair those who had any type of problem, they are great to their customers!

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #19,087 of 19,652
Dose anyone can recommend me amplifier for fiio x5?

I have my X5 strapped to a Fiio E12DIY amp and i love the combination. I really really really really love it. I sometimes plug my X5 into my Chord Mojo but I think I prefer the X5/E12DIY combo. (I know, that's just gotta be wrong but it's how I feel)
I listen to the Mojo on my computer and with my X3, but I'm sticking to the X5/E12DIY combo.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #19,088 of 19,652
I use a Fiio E12a with X5 (1st) - great combo (with Fiio stack kit) -- improved sound stage and lots of power not just for IEMs (12a is supposed to be mostly for IEMs due to lower hiss for lowest impedance IEMs) ...

I run Senn HD700 on low gain up to 3 o'clock volume (that's almost too loud to keep health ears healthy - similar to PC, Foobar2000 and Fubar IV Plus DAC/Amp on full volume). Shure 840 on 1pm... IEMs (GR 07) past 11am is too loud .... I'd expect that on high gain you'd get enough power to run anything (and with good extension too).

The E12a seems to open up the X5, adds a bit of extra sparkle too (X5 by itself borders on darkish if you like your sound bright and airy).

I'm very happy with X5/12a .. seems Fiio is matching their products well (I don't have much experience with other amps though - tried the ibasso D Zero 2 with X5 before (coming from C3/DZero).. like the E12a more with X5.  (12a has a bass switch too ... subtle enhancement of bass - very audible with some songs, almost no impact with others).

:)

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #19,089 of 19,652
Oh dear...I pulled one of the rubber plugs (you know, the ones you get with the X5 to protect the sockets you aren't using) out of the line out hole, and it left its little metal pin in the socket.

I tried to get it out with some tweezers, but it's well and truly stuck in there. Can't use that glorious line out anymore...

Anyone know someone who knows how to get into the X5 and fix this kind of thing?

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #19,095 of 19,652
  Could you please tell how to achieve this one? I did not know it!!

LRC files

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_%28file_format%29

LRC (short for LyRiCs) is a computer file format that synchronizes song lyrics with an audio file, such as MP3, Vorbis or MIDI. When an audio file is played with certain music players on a computer or on modern digital audio players, the song lyrics are displayed. The lyrics file generally has the same name as the audio file, with a different filename extension. For example, song.mp3 and song.lrc. The LRC format is text-based and similar to subtitle files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back