The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 30, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #15,437 of 19,652
It sounds to me like Fiio won't be implementing fast wheel scroll  for X1/X5 anytime soon. Read the answer from 
FiiO-Shadow at the end of this post:
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40101

I love the sq of my x5 but the scroll wheel speed is a real disappointment.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #15,438 of 19,652
i cannot do this before buying e12 and e12a.. so i might buy them for nothing... even at low volumes, my headphones, ultrasone dj one pro sounded better, like they were on steroids, i don't know... the e12 added something to the sound, in the mids area. not soundstage bass or something else, but like it added a little bit of life to vocals... i am pretty sure that it could have been my imagination, but just putting there, that the opamp coloration could help reaching a better sound...

@Brooko
 Do you think that chord hugo is worth the price considerin the difference between it and x5?.. i listened to chord hugo the other day, and it was... amazing... but i wanted to ask you, because you are the one who really seems to know his way around amps and such, is there a cheaper solution for the best sound?..

today my x5 soiunded rather bad.. after some time i could only hear sound in only one of cups of my headphones... then i pushed the reset hole, and re-firmwared, it sounds crystal clear now! ^_^ i was scared for like 20 minutes... moral, never and NEVER forget to push reset if x5 is acting up!

Are you considering using the X5 with the Hugo?
I've never heard a Hugo, but I often use my X5 with my desktop DAC.
You can guess which DAC sounds superior.
It's not an earth shattering difference, but it's there.
My desktop DAC is just slightly clearer and more open sounding.

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #15,439 of 19,652
Are you considering using the X5 with the Hugo?
I've never heard a Hugo, but I often use my X5 with my desktop DAC.
You can guess which DAC sounds superior.
It's not an earth shattering difference, but it's there.
My desktop DAC is just slightly clearer and more open sounding.

Similar is hugo. but much clearer, better definition of instruments, evertything has a better shape, more clear, more everything you want and less distortions. it made ie8 sound close to ie800, and ie800 sound even better..

i am not sure if i am going to use hugo portable ever, but i want it for home usage, but the price is holding me back. even with an unlimited budget, the price asking for it is more than i was going to pay for my laptop...

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #15,440 of 19,652
Jan 30, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #15,441 of 19,652
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40101

It sounds to me like Fiio won't be implementing fast wheel scroll  for X1/X5 anytime soon. Read the answer from FiiO-Shadow at the end of this post:[COLOR=336699]
I love the sq of my x5 but the scroll wheel speed is a real disappointment.
[/color]

The solution I found was to browse by folder and have all my files listed under alphabetical folders. All artists starting with A under an A folder, B under a B folder, and so on. Very fast to get to where I want to go instead of just dumping everything on the card. Organization goes a long way.

I find no real need to use the categories anymore since they implemented the play through folders option.

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #15,443 of 19,652
I think they should just scrap all category functions if they're not going to fix them and use the freed up space for something that's actually useful. Just add randomization to the folder view when they do it. That's the only thing that's useful if you've got more than 32G of files.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #15,445 of 19,652
I use folders mostly but still use category a lot so is hate to see it scrapped. The advantage for me of categories is having both cards indexed (folders only does one at a time), and I also use the genre category combined with shuffle a lot.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #15,446 of 19,652
Now that you're getting into modding, explore the folders beyond just the litegui folder. One of them has a bunch of .ini files. Open the eq.ini file (or maybe equalizer.ini - not in front of my computer). You can rename any of the presets to suit your whims. I renamed mine after my favorite cans, so I can fine-tune the EQ for my cans and find them easily. Easy peasy!

hello I am French and I want to know how to change to equalizer fiio x5

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #15,448 of 19,652
Folks,

Need some advice before I take the plunge with the X5. I tried reading through the thread but it was a bit of a chore, so thought of asking the question directly.

First some background information; I currently use the iPod classic+E07k combo or a Cowon C2 as portable sources. I've used the X3 briefly from a friend recently and found the sound to be of my liking, and a clear step up from my existing sources, but unfortunately the X3 has ran out of stock in most places.

So my question is whether the latest firmware is stable and bug-free enough that I can invest in an X5 right now, instead of waiting for newer releases of X3/ X5. 
Or, should I just get an X1 and use LO through my E07k and would that match the sound of the X3/X5?

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #15,449 of 19,652
Haven't heard E07,so I can't comment on that. I can tell you that X3 and X5 have different sound signatures, so if you really liked the X3 it might be better to buy that instead of X1, X3 II, or X5. I've been thinking of selling my X3,so if you are interested in that it's available, in near mint shape, and will be lower priced than a brand new one.

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #15,450 of 19,652
All firmware is very stable.  I doubt the X1 with anything would sound like either an X3 or an X5.  X5 sounds very good.  X1 sounds very good but, to me, not as good as the X5.  I don't have an X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back