The Fiio X5 Thread
May 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #9,032 of 19,652
  Can you expand on how he was proven wrong? 

oh he was into daps and amps too and tried different cables and became a believer, and said something about the reason being because the interconnect cables were short and therefore the quality was important i suppose. well i dunno the technical specifics but.... i can hear a difference between different cables :xf_eek: so... thats all haha 

May 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #9,033 of 19,652
Hello,

I guess my X5 just runned out off battery for the first time and I have it plugged to the computer for charging, for more than an hour. I see the red light but don't get the screen indicator and when I press the on button it doesn't turn on. Is this normal? do I have to wait for a full charge to turn it on?

Thanks on any input

May 10, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #9,035 of 19,652
Hello,

I guess my X5 just runned out off battery for the first time and I have it plugged to the computer for charging, for more than an hour. I see the red light but don't get the screen indicator and when I press the on button it doesn't turn on. Is this normal? do I have to wait for a full charge to turn it on?

Thanks on any input
It is a known issue (won't say bug) that the player will NOT turn on when charging...

Unplug, and then will turn on :)

May 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #9,037 of 19,652
It is a known issue (won't say bug) that the player will NOT turn on when charging...

Unplug, and then will turn on
smily_headphones1.gif

Say it like it is: a bug. No mature software-operated device would refuse to turn on while charging. :)

May 10, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #9,039 of 19,652
I believe it won't charge [well] off computer. Charge it direct from outlet.

I only have the provided cable and my Samsung S3 provided charger (5.0V 0.7A) Fiio recommends a 2.0A. Thanks for the advice maybe ill buy one with the specifications.
Ive been charging it for more than two hours now and disconnecting it to turn it on. and nothing nor any thing on the screen while charging. the only sign of life is the red light while connected to the Mac.

more than 4 hrs have passed and still not turning on! did a hard reset and finally started. there must be some issues on this matter.

May 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #9,040 of 19,652
The manual says it will charge slowly and it is not recommended to use a computer.

It may not turn on while charging but i plugged mine in last night while it was playing and it did not shut down and the red light came on....

May 10, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #9,041 of 19,652
I didn't enjoy the sound of my TF10's so I gave them to my wife. No problems with them now. :wink:

May 11, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #9,042 of 19,652
Well I managed to find the 1.00 firmware. Gonna test it out now.

http://www.nt-global.com/index.php/de/fiio-electronics/fiio-musik-player/152-fiio-x5-mobiler-high-res-player

May 11, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #9,043 of 19,652
Boys, here are some picture of the HS9 case and the HS6 amp kit: http://www.head-fi.org/t/718307/pictorial-fiio-x5s-hs9-leather-case-and-hs6-stacking-kit-for-amp

May 11, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #9,045 of 19,652

Hello,

Thanks on any input
you need to wait and let the device fully charge before you use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back