The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 12, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #6,860 of 19,652
There is a "favorites" function...kind of an "on-the-go" playlist.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #6,861 of 19,652
Guys I need help deciding p, anyone who used both the x3 and x5 can give his opinion, couldn't find a direct comparison, here is my thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/714179/fiio-x3-vs-fiio-x5-or-other-help-please#post_10448550
Appreciate the help.

Look for my review of the X5. Main focus is comparing with the X3

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #6,864 of 19,652
but the favorite function lacks the option to categorize your music, so you have to navigate through all songs and that makes the favorite function useless if you want to create a playlist on the go.

Anytime you're playing a song you can hit the shortcuts key to bring up an option to favorite the now playing song. So you just need to search for and play your favorite music via the usual means (folder or category) and favorite the songs when your favorite tunes come along and next time they will be available from the favorites tab.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #6,865 of 19,652
that's not the point, it's about adding songs quickly without having to play them,  you really should add the option to order the files in the favorite mode because it's not well-conceived as it is, now.

simply add the "heart-button" on the shortcut button while navigating through the music library, maybe than the favorite mode could work as a dynamic playlist.

or make the center button opens a menu when you are down to a single file(song) so you can choose the play a song next to the one your currently listening(and some other options like info, favorite, delete, etc.)

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #6,867 of 19,652
  that's not the point, it's about adding songs quickly without having to play them,  you really should add the option to order the files in the favorite mode because it's not well-conceived as it is, now.

simply add the "heart-button" on the shortcut button while navigating through the music library, maybe than the favorite mode could work as a dynamic playlist.

or make the center button opens a menu when you are down to a single file(song) so you can choose the play a song next to the one your currently listening(and some other options like info, favorite, delete, etc.)

If only it were that easy...

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #6,869 of 19,652
yes, definitely.

there should be a "play all" option for Artists to connect the Folders/Albums. But there isn't and that's why the play mode "continue" doesn't work, it stops with the last song in the folder you have chosen, can't even jump to the next record of the artist.

it's a matter of comfort and how audiophiles enjoy and consume their music. They are common Music-player features, not even a special requests.

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #6,870 of 19,652
  If only it were that easy...

With all due respect, I think the FiiO guys should field this, not you or I.    It is not your or my place to answer for them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back