The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 12, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #4,441 of 19,652
Week? That's it?

You mean you don't do that everyday already?

I thought everyone on product threads did that everyday to fuel their drug passion.

ROFL
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #4,444 of 19,652
  Just out of curiosity I used the Financial Times currency converter to see what £289.99 is in US dollars. It's $480.35 this afternoon. $350 is currently £211.33.

Any stores in the US selling / pre-ordering the X5?

Feb 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #4,445 of 19,652
Maybe I"m missing some glaring statement, but I've searched all major threads top to bottom (with the search function, mind you) and cannot find a shop offering pre-orders to the US right now. Singapore's Treoo.com has it for the March International Release, is that where US consumers should be looking first?

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #4,447 of 19,652
Yeah, that's typical rip-off Britain for ya!

I'd rather buy an X5 from China or the USA and risk the customs - it'd probably still work out cheaper!

Sorry James, I know you want dealers to support the warranty, etc, but when there's such a premium, you really can't blame us DAP-buyers for seeking a better deal in different markets.

Uk price sucks.im not buying it here.
Hope I can ebay it over from somewhere else.
Screw you advanced mp3 and the likes..

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #4,448 of 19,652
"All-new custom UI forged from years of experience and feedback"​

I can't wait for the X5 to be released, I can finally have a successor to my Rio Karma / Cowon J3.
The only thing bothering me is the lack of some kind of playlist, I've heard not even a favourite playlist..?
Anyone heard something about this? Could we hope for some kind of playlist support until the US release?

Thank you!

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #4,449 of 19,652

"All-new custom UI forged from years of experience and feedback"​

I can't wait for the X5 to be released, I can finally have a successor to my Rio Karma / Cowon J3.
The only thing bothering me is the lack of some kind of playlist, I've heard not even a favourite playlist..?
Anyone heard something about this? Could we hope for some kind of playlist support until the US release?

Thank you!

"Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your pantsu, wallet, life, and soul"

There is a 'favorites' ability, but it is by far a playlist like you say.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #4,450 of 19,652
Ok we are starving for X5 news.  Anything would be nice to hear at this point.  We have been relegated to talking about noodles.  James anyone any good word?  Update on a North American release date?  Where to pre-order in the United States?  

DX90 news is bound to be released any day now so anything to tantalize us to keep interest :)  
*Like losing interest is a probability here* :)  

Just don't lose those guys that are on the fence.  Which is probably not me.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #4,454 of 19,652
  ummm why does noisy motel sell it for $419 when retail is $349. We going to have to pay over retail for hese things now? I remember a friend getting his ibassos for retail msrp day 1. Hmmm...

...because Australia government collects import and sale tax from them? Cleanly you have never been to Aussie's land as just about every audio gears are more expensive there than Asia and North America. Even worst when you go to New Zealand.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #4,455 of 19,652
Which is why we Kiwis often purchase overseas and import :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back