The Fiio X5 Thread
Sep 29, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #12,706 of 19,652
Kerouac: Tried after scanning the first time I flashed 2.31b. Haven't tried yet since reflashing. Everything worked fine in All Songs shuffle mode with 2.31b. It's only when I try to play an album that I run into problems. Only tried with FLAC so far. Need to try with MP3 and AAC next. Don't have this problem with same card and previous firmware. Frustrating!

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #12,707 of 19,652
  Hey do you guys have this problem at all? Some artists don't show up under the artist category (or only one album will,) I've added music and redid the manual update and some artists that previously didn't show up were now there, and others that were there are now gone. All my tags seem to be in order. Is this a known issue or is there any way I can resolve this?

This is on 2.2 and was also on 2.0 I believe, but I would have to revert and check.
Anyone else experience this? Annoying because I like to use the "play all" feature but some artists don't show up.. very strange..

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #12,708 of 19,652
Which converter are you using for converting audio CDs into FLAC files? Are there quality differences?

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #12,713 of 19,652
I'm gonna jump in here, since I'll be grabbing my X5 at the UPS Customer Counter right after I'm out of class at 9:30AM tomorrow. I knew that coming into this forum was not going to do my budget (or lack there of) any good.I should of stayed away and been happy with my Cowon D2 or listening to my HTC M8 with Poweramp and my SCL5's. But Noooooooo...I had to read through the posts and look at all of the pretty pictures and what not...lol. I'm really looking forward to playing with my new DAP. I'm doing everything in my power to not order an E12 until I spend some time with the X5. All of this is all well and good.

However...my addict personality got the better of me. I never planned on picking up a pair of new IEM's as well.
rolleyes.gif

Walt

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #12,715 of 19,652
Number one mental health issue affecting our little community: complete lack of impulse control!

When I was putting my drum kit together, we called it GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)...lol

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #12,718 of 19,652
Take a bit to enjoy the IEMs before you start modding them, see if you enjoy the sound. Then after awhile you can decide if you feel a custom cable is something you desire.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #12,719 of 19,652

Already looking at custom cables and I don't even have the new IEM's yet...lol

Take a bit to enjoy the IEMs before you start modding them, see if you enjoy the sound. Then after awhile you can decide if you feel a custom cable is something you desire.

Agree with this sentiment, but which IEMs are you looking at? Perhaps we can add to the temptation seeing as that's what Head-Fi seems to exist for...

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #12,720 of 19,652
I'm really enjoying the X5 I got today.  Reformatted my cards, put the files back on, set up the player, and updated from 2.0 to 2.2.0.  Sounds great (using both 2.0 and 2.2.0), much better (and different) than my DX50.  I use it on walks only, and the amount of power it's putting out is more than enough to give me great sound without an amp, much better than my DX50 with a JDS C5 amp (didn't like the DX50 unamped).  Bass is superior, though I'm having to get used to how bright it seems on some files.  Not shrill, but bright.  Learning curve wasn't bad at all.  Glad I upgraded to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back