The Fiio X5 Thread
Jun 21, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #10,578 of 19,652
Jun 21, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #10,579 of 19,652
Repeating myself for the nth time, I still cannot believe the SQ that my 'portable' rig puts out, only a couple of years ago, full sized rigs costing much more would've been shamed into 2nd place...

Considering that a conservative estimate of 98% of my usage is on the road, this makes me very happy!

Touch wood, other than one lock up, my X5 has been faultless, long may it continue!

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #10,580 of 19,652
Repeating myself for the nth time, I still cannot believe the SQ that my 'portable' rig puts out, only a couple of years ago, full sized rigs costing much more would've been shamed into 2nd place...

Considering that a conservative estimate of 98% of my usage is on the road, this makes me very happy!

Touch wood, other than one lock up, my X5 has been faultless, long may it continue!

I think similar about my X3 as of FW version 3.

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #10,581 of 19,652
btw the 2.03 fw are up on their forums

Some still has chinese characters

The first thing  i noticed though is the ability to make your own playlist ^^ though i cant really confirm much since the labels are chinese

Jun 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #10,583 of 19,652
X5 firmware 2.03beta is open for download and discussion here (please keep discussion of problems in dedicated discussion thread)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/724013/fiio-x5-beta-firmware-2-03-download-and-discussion-one-word-playlists

What's new and improved? Atm I can only manage one word: PLAYLISTS!
Now excuse me while I go back to living in the washroom for today :deadhorse:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 21, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #10,584 of 19,652
Now excuse me while I go back to living in the washroom for today
deadhorse.gif

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #10,586 of 19,652
I just purchased an X5 yesterday. I also own an X3 and I have to say right out of the box this is a big step up in sound quality, build quality, and functionality, from the X3 and I love my X3.

I have firmware 2.0 installed,( may try the new beta 2.03). I downloaded the user manual and noticed it states that the X5 does not support OTG at this time due to compatibility issues and will be included in a future firmware. Is this right? I could have sworn I have seen in this thread members talking about using the OTG function on the X5. Is this a leftover form the earlier firmware user manual that should have been deleted for the 2.0 user guide but wasn't? I have followed this thread up to about a week or so ago, has something changed. I have a 128GB flash(thumb) drive loaded with files that I would like to connect to my X5 OTG to see how it works. Can I do this?

Thanks.

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #10,588 of 19,652
Just try, and report what drive used etc.

OTG works, but on a limited nr of chipsets.

My WD 1tb "passport" usb drive doesn't work
smily_headphones1.gif

A 4gb Sandisk thumb drive did. And so do others.

I tried it and the X5 doesn't seem to recognize it. Does the thumb drive need to be formatted to FAT32 like the micro SD cards? Oh BTW it's a Lexor flash drive.

Jun 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #10,589 of 19,652
I just purchased an X5 yesterday. I also own an X3 and I have to say right out of the box this is a big step up in sound quality, build quality, and functionality, from the X3 and I love my X3...............

.............. I could have sworn I have seen in this thread members talking about using the OTG function on the X5.

Welcome to the club. Many people, myself included, had the same upgrade path with the same thoughts. :wink:

You read nothing about OTG in this thread. It's all an illusion and conspiracy to make you purchase storage and spend many hours trying to get it to work. :D (Kidding of course!)

Enjoy! :)

Jun 21, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #10,590 of 19,652
Hi
When recharging my X5 sometimes it goes wild making  click noises. Switching off and connecting again, it goes well until...
It's worse using a belkin 5V, 2.1A.
Anyone has had the same experience? Is it bad? Should I use another adaptor or USB? As far as I remember it doesn't do that when connected to the computer USB port...
Should I disconnect and reconnect or just let it go?
Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back