The Fiio X5 Thread
May 15, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #9,317 of 19,652
My Meenova OTG Micro SD reader pitched up today. works great and oh so much more 'fitting' than the SSD I was using...

Grab one before they all go
smily_headphones1.gif

(As an aside, had to destroy the box to get it out, did anyone else with the Meenova get it out of the box cleanly??)

Yep, had to take the box apart. The foam insert was sticking to the cardboard on mine.

May 16, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #9,318 of 19,652

You guys could try using the rubber band that came with the E12 as bumpers on the E12 itself. This will prevent the E12 from rubbing on the X5 while the case is closed.

I found that the smaller rubber bands that came with my E12 makes for a perfect replacement for the round sticky pads. No glue left on the devices and can be removed anytime.

Hi Nicolas, yeah, I do that already, just forgot to mention it. Thanks for suggesting it here.

May 16, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #9,319 of 19,652
inb4 Neil Young :wink:
http://www.cnet.com/news/why-wait-pono-portable-music-player-the-fiio-x5-is-here-now/

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 16, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #9,323 of 19,652
@Joe Bloggs do you forsee there will be a chance for the X5 button swapping feature? i wish if the rev and fwd button can swap to top 2 button instead of at the bottom. reason why is i need to control the music from my x5 which i put in the bag and i have to position my x5 upright due to the audio jack port is on top.

since there is no way to change the audio jack to bottom....can we have the rev and fwd button swap with the top two button?

May 16, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #9,324 of 19,652
  @Joe Bloggs do you forsee there will be a chance for the X5 button swapping feature? i wish if the rev and fwd button can swap to top 2 button instead of at the bottom. reason why is i need to control the music from my x5 which i put in the bag and i have to position my x5 upright due to the audio jack port is on top.

since there is no way to change the audio jack to bottom....can we have the rev and fwd button swap with the top two button?

long pressing the volume buttons while on lockscreen works as well (for now)

you could vote for bug no 92 on the bugzilla thing though  :wink:

May 16, 2014 at 6:14 AM Post #9,325 of 19,652

for volume long press..i am really afraid it might trigger the vol up and damage my ear :frowning2:

i am looking on your bugzilla #92 but where is the button front top left and right is assigned to fwd/rev?...erm...i will put a comment on it for the function and casted my vote :D

May 16, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #9,326 of 19,652
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 16, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #9,327 of 19,652

for volume long press..i am really afraid it might trigger the vol up and damage my ear

At worst the volume will go up 1 click for a short press, so no danger of damaging your ear. The lack of long press for continuous increase in volume can be seen as a safety feature in this context.

Swyped from my Gpad

May 16, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #9,328 of 19,652
No. But you can just highlight the files you want in iTunes and drag them to the folder of your choice to copy them. At least in OSX land you can, not sure about Windows.

Yea works in Windows as well.

Free yourself from iTunes, my friend!

There are many better music players on windows. If you don't have an ipod it's worth trying foobar.
This works on windows as well.

Thanks for those replies, and as for iTunes I am currently using an LOD out from my iPhone 4S to and ALO rx3. As for Foobar I do remember that now and once I get a high end dap I will surely check it out. Currently I am still searching for a better dap at great value. The x5 and rx3 are about the same size which is nice since I'm picky on form factor and it has an attractive price for us college kids. I'm still pondering on the x5 currently though and want to see how the next Firmwares go.

May 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #9,329 of 19,652
Thanks for those replies, and as for iTunes I am currently using an LOD out from my iPhone 4S to and ALO rx3. As for Foobar I do remember that now and once I get a high end dap I will surely check it out. Currently I am still searching for a better dap at great value. The x5 and rx3 are about the same size which is nice since I'm picky on form factor and it has an attractive price for us college kids. I'm still pondering on the x5 currently though and want to see how the next Firmwares go.

You can also use Foobar to manage an iPod...they have a plugin that allows you to browse, add, remove, etc...I used it for a while on iPod Classics, iPod Videos and an iPod Touch...

May 16, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #9,330 of 19,652
  for volume long press..i am really afraid it might trigger the vol up and damage my ear :frowning2:

i am looking on your bugzilla #92 but where is the button front top left and right is assigned to fwd/rev?...erm...i will put a comment on it for the function and casted my vote :D

Skipping to the next track is volume down (long press). In this case there is no risk for your hearing and you can try the feature before "risking" using the volume up (long press) to go to the previous track.

The only thing I could see is that the player being in your pocket, the center button(long press) could wake the device in which case the long press on volume buttons would indeed change the volume instead of skipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back