The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 30, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #8,116 of 19,652
  My green version of the firmware
L3000.gif

That would totally complement my alignment in Ingress. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #8,117 of 19,652
My green version of the firmware :L3000:

Nice!

I'll look into how to change the statusbar text colour.

i can't find anything that indicates it's colour either. i suppose it's in one of the binary files...

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #8,118 of 19,652
ashton18: Just got mine from MP4 Nation this morning and have been rocking out with it and giving the Brainwavz S1 some burn-in time. Hopefully yours will ship in this batch. I'm sure they're busy preparing shipments of both DX90 and X5, since they just got stock of both of these super-popular DAPs in.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #8,119 of 19,652
Hi just a quick question.
Are any of you rusing the x5 with sennhiser hd650 im useing the HD598 and im thinking of upgrading,and if so how is the sound quality, are they under powered of will you need to use a amp ?:grinning:

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #8,122 of 19,652
  oyaide finally annnounced Japanese release. 50,000yen.
frown.gif

And the Japanese edition is supposed to be slightly different from the international version. Although I've not talked to Joe what the difference is.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #8,123 of 19,652

Share please ^^

I feel obliged to make this disclaimer - I personally haven't had any problems with it so far, but if you decide to download and install, do it at your own risk.

Here's what I've changed:

1. The color scheme, that includes series of image files.
2. I've changed the default art for songs without art with this one:

I tried changing the color of the text at the middle of the top bar, but couldn't find the attribute that's responsible for that. If I or somebody else finds it in the future I will probably make the changes. Same goes for the color of the volume number, for values over 100.

Here's the link: Custom Green UI - Fiio X5 2.0 Firmware

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #8,125 of 19,652
And the Japanese edition is supposed to be slightly different from the international version. Although I've not talked to Joe what the difference is.

For one it looks like they get the sexy knurled metal wheel that was changed to the thin rubber.

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #8,127 of 19,652

I feel obliged to make this disclaimer - I personally haven't had any problems with it so far, but if you decide to download and install, do it at your own risk.

Here's what I've changed:

1. The color scheme, that includes series of image files.
2. I've changed the default art for songs without art with this one:

I tried changing the color of the text at the middle of the top bar, but couldn't find the attribute that's responsible for that. If I or somebody else finds it in the future I will probably make the changes. Same goes for the color of the volume number, for values over 100.

Here's the link: Custom Green UI - Fiio X5 2.0 Firmware

Nice, thanks for this.  Mind telling me what you use to unpack the firmware file?  I'm curious and may want to experiment a bit myself. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #8,128 of 19,652
Hi just a quick question.
Are any of you rusing the x5 with sennhiser hd650 im useing the HD598 and im thinking of upgrading,and if so how is the sound quality, are they under powered of will you need to use a amp ?:grinning:

HD650s are my at home can and while yes the x5 drives then in so for as you can get half decent quality sound, the really benefit from external amping, I'm using a little dot Maliki and it's pretty epic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back