The Fiio X5 Thread
Jun 28, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #736 of 19,652
I don't get all these Ivy League references. For the most part, it's a fairly mediocre sports league, at best.

BIGTEN forever :)

Well outside of the States no one even know these are athletics conferences - most referred to Ivy leagues academic supremacy....

Jul 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #738 of 19,652
I;m not sure what to get :\ I was thinking about the x3 at first, now this has come up. I should've ignored this site altogether...

You could always buy the X3, then, when the X5 gets released, sell the X3 again.

Still, these DAPs are very good for their price(X3 is, X5 will most likely be), so in my opinion, the X3 is worth getting.

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #739 of 19,652
Quote:
You could always buy the X3, then, when the X5 gets released, sell the X3 again.

Still, these DAPs are very good for their price(X3 is, X5 will most likely be), so in my opinion, the X3 is worth getting.

I'm not that rich sadly, I want to get one dap that I'll have for a loooong time, so if I get the x3, that will be it for me at least for couple for years. problem is, I want to get the one that will be perfect (yeah, I know) I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to buying stuff, especially the things I don't really need :D

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #740 of 19,652
Quote:
I'm not that rich sadly, I want to get one dap that I'll have for a loooong time, so if I get the x3, that will be it for me at least for couple for years. problem is, I want to get the one that will be perfect (yeah, I know) I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to buying stuff, especially the things I don't really need :D

Wait for X5 then. It will be a Reference DAP.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #741 of 19,652
If they are able to drop an even more improved amp than the E12s sound into the X5, i will be heavilly impressed already. The E12 does suffer some problems buts its a huge step in the "reference" direction for Fiio as it leaves traditional very bassy and colored fun sound for a more neutral one.

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #742 of 19,652
@bowei006 - uh, that's not a panda, it is cute and all but, what gives?  You feeling okay?
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking it is X5 for me, like the idea of two card slots and higher res screen.

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #746 of 19,652
It seems like I'll hold out until the X5 comes out. one thing though - does the "rudder-style touch buttons" mean that they will have same kind of button configuration like the ipods do?

^ That was my guess too, although I am not quite sure. "rudder-style touch buttons" is a direct word-by-word translation of the original Chinese comment. Apple's version is usually called "click wheel" or "scroll wheel". But once translated to (or referred to in) Chinese, "click wheel" and "rudder-style touch buttons" may potentially mean the same thing.

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #750 of 19,652
Quote:
I believe they are referring to the X5, correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh good point. I thought they were using the X3 as a basis for the X5. But thinking about it now, I don't think there is an official response yet on the actual style, buttons and look of the X5.

I believe FiiO wants to change it. The X3 was designed before E17 so James did say the style was 'last gen'. The X5 is larger too with bigger screen and dual SD slots so I'm guessing it will be a bit different maybe? 

Well, let's just hold on and see 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back