The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #3,121 of 19,652
Jan 14, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #3,122 of 19,652
  http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1587639

Anyone able to translate? How is the overall impression?

Another thing: I have seen the 10band Equalizer. You can equalize at 125h and 250hz. But I need to equalize at 180. Is it possible with the equalizer?

Google Translate is hilarious, but I glened the following from the end of the review:

Overall, X5 models itself is less bass player, recording faithfully restore the original appearance, reflecting the different characteristics of each headphone earbuds.

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #3,123 of 19,652

Google Translate is hilarious, but I glened the following from the end of the review:

Overall, X5 models itself is less bass player, recording faithfully restore the original appearance, reflecting the different characteristics of each headphone earbuds.

If you'd enjoy even more translation hilarity, try letting Google automatically guess which language it is trying to translate - sometimes it gets it right, but sometimes it misinterprets Chinese as Japanese, and vice-versa
biggrin.gif

As for the essence of the X5 review, I'm very pleased to see that it appears to be substantiating what James has been telling us all along - that the X5 is tuned to be more neutral than the bass-warm X3.

Jan 14, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #3,126 of 19,652
  I thought the price was 400USD. Apparently they set it to 350USD, which makes the X5 even more tempting.

Yeah, I noticed that, too!

This may turn out to be the audiophile DAP bargain of the decade.

Just hope firmware and hardware behave as intended. If they do, then, happy days...! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #3,127 of 19,652

Yeah, I noticed that, too!

This may turn out to be the audiophile DAP bargain of the decade.

Just hope firmware and hardware behave as intended. If they do, then, happy days...! 
beerchug.gif

Agreed
beerchug.gif
I think Eu price will be 350 euros (usually FiiO units in here works like that: 200 $ X3 in the States, 200 € in Eu).

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3,131 of 19,652
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but Fiio already POSTED their official X5 page with ALL the DETAILS!!! (make sure to scroll down)

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000055517771

OK, start drooling!!! :D

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #3,132 of 19,652
The lack of a parametric eq really is going to be a deal breaker for a lot of people at that price range, I could just buy an e12 and stick a clip+ rock boxed to it. The only reason I wanted the x5 was more storage space and parametric eq compared to the x3 in a small form factor/ only 1 device to worry about. :frowning2:

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #3,133 of 19,652
  Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but Fiio already POSTED their official X5 page with ALL the DETAILS!!! (make sure to scroll down)

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000055517771

OK, start drooling!!! :D

Lookin' good even though the layout of the website goes a bit wonky the further down you scroll.
rolleyes.gif

EQ is 10 band graphic, time to start pestering James for a parametric one as well. Kidding. Not.

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #3,134 of 19,652
Well if you guys really need parametric EQ that much, I can say maybe you chose wrong headphone/iems. All my life I never used EQ and found it unnatural hence never needed. If I want coloration, headphone/iem can do it.

However, James always listen to us, so maybe if possible he can do some things in the future with FW update or something. Then again I say it: it sounds absurd to me that this can be a deal breaker for some. Every person has their own needs apparently.

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #3,135 of 19,652
  Well if you guys really need parametric EQ that much, I can say maybe you chose wrong headphone/iems. All my life I never used EQ and found it unnatural hence never needed. If I want coloration, headphone/iem can do it.

However, James always listen to us, so maybe if possible he can do some things in the future with FW update or something. Then again I say it: it sounds absurd to me that this can be a deal breaker for some. Every person has their own needs apparently.

No one said that it's a dealbreaker but certainly nice to have. What sounds absurd to you makes a lot of sense to others. That*s life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back