The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #376 of 17,482
Man, that's awesome. Seems pretty much perfect. Finally some audiophile and wallet friendly DAP. 1 thing I did not like, Digital Music Player statement. I prefer Digital Audio Player (DAP) honestly, but let it be the only thing I did not like about it 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #377 of 17,482
Looks bigger than I thought. (yeah that's what she said blabla)

Still should be more portable than most DAC+Amp combos.

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #380 of 17,482
I'd be fine with no included earphones to keep costs down. I think most people looking to buy the X3 would already have headphones, IEMs, or earbuds.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #382 of 17,482
Quote:
I'd be fine with no included earphones to keep costs down. I think most people looking to buy the X3 would already have headphones, IEMs, or earbuds.

Same here. No need to include any type of earphone.

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #386 of 17,482
Quote:
Eh? Not all included stuff is bad, i know the hisound novas came with paa1 pro which is decent

Do you think you can find FruitBrand Earbuds lovers in here? Everybody has their own taste and gear pack. All we need is a DAP as long as this player concerned. Same for Hisound too. Doesn't matter how decent/bad/good they are. What we are interesting is only the DAP. Anything included means the price goes higher for people who will not even put these things in their ears.

Quote:
We will pay for every last thing that's included.

I don't want to pay for a "decent" IEM.

smile.gif

+1. Nobody wants to pay for useless accesories. How many people will use these things anyway.

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #387 of 17,482
Quote:
Do you think you can find FruitBrand Earbuds lovers in here? Everybody has their own taste and gear pack. All we need is a DAP as long as this player concerned. Same for Hisound too. Doesn't matter how decent/bad/good they are. What we are interesting is only the DAP. Anything included means the price goes higher for people who will not even put these things in their ears.

not the earbuds, but the earpods , I actually remember they get a decent review by some members in here.

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #388 of 17,482
I do also believe that 95% of potential X3 buyers wouldn't use the standard earbuds, thus a majority probably wouldn't mind if it came without.  On the other hand, the usual earbuds that normally come with popular portable devices ain't worth more than two dollars... so, coming back to the X3, I don't believe it would make a big diference pricewise.

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #389 of 17,482
Why would anyone buy a high-ish spec DAP and want budget earbuds to come bundled with it? I certainly don't, even if it didn't increase the price... I've accumulated more than enough junk on top of my wardrobe already thanks. :wink:

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #390 of 17,482
The X3 looks nice and reminds me a bit of the Toshiba GigaBeat F series!

Since the X3 is aimed at a more selective audience that carefully chooses what it buys, I hope they don't include any earbuds/IEM's. We can buy those ourselves and that should make the price a bit lower.

If there is a successor to the X3, will it be named X5? FiiO likes to stick to uneven numbers, but it would feel a bit strange with a FiiO X5 considering the classic Cowon X5 DAP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back