The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #406 of 17,484
Subbin' for interest.

It's similar in size to the ALPEN (.8mm thicker, 12mm longer, same width), so that will be nice. My only real concern is finding a role for it; my phone (Meizu MX) has become my primary DAP and is very proficient on its own while having much longer battery life.

Someone help me justify buying the X3 please.
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #407 of 17,484
Quote:
Subbin' for interest.

It's similar in size to the ALPEN (.8mm thicker, 12mm longer, same width), so that will be nice. My only real concern is finding a role for it; my phone (Meizu MX) has become my primary DAP and is very proficient on its own while having much longer battery life.

confused_face_2.gif

Maybe ( World's first DAP with more 24/192 codecs playback)....

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #408 of 17,484
Earbuds/Earphones should be included with every mp3 player package whether hi-fi or not. Not everyone on the planet will have earphones.

I remember way back in the walkman era where I just listened to music wiith the bundled accessories.

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #409 of 17,484
Quote:
Subbin' for interest.

confused_face_2.gif

I am using my phone as a DAP too however it is a temporary solution while I was waiting for a nice DAP to buy. (galaxy s2, I know getting old and can't compare with meizu's audiophile friendly sound quality, but again it is temporary solution). It is becoming so much pain in the .ss. Phone calls, battery problems, when I do something with the phone the sound receives some strange noises, very short cuts and all. When I buy Fiio X3, I am going to sell my phone and get something budget friendly.

Also one more little thing, X3 has power. It can drive up to 300 ohm easily. Most probably easier to use and give you a free phone which you can use as real phone not something in between.

It is all depending on you at the end buddy.

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #410 of 17,484
Quote:
It is becoming so much pain in the .ss. Phone calls, battery problems, when I do something with the phone the sound receives some strange noises, very short cuts and all. When I buy Fiio X3, I am going to sell my phone and get something budget friendly.

I have the S2. I don't use it as a DAP for a variety of reasons (one reason also is that it does not have the better Wolfsen audio chip, another reason is battery drain). But, the S2 works fine for everything else. If you haven't tried it yet, upgrade your S2 to the latest 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS - it might take care of some of your issues.

Apr 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #411 of 17,484
Quote:

I have the S2. I don't use it as a DAP for a variety of reasons (one reason also is that it does not have the better Wolfsen audio chip, another reason is battery drain). But, the S2 works fine for everything else. If you haven't tried it yet, upgrade your S2 to the latest 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS - it might take care of some of your issues.

The latest official updates are done, however I didn't root it and didn't install any cyanogenmod or something like that. I know it is fine, really nice but it is not like a DAP you hear and makes you wow.. I am using Folder Player app simply because it is simplicity and stability. Also free too.

PS: Just checked, 4.0.4 ICS is installed.

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #412 of 17,484
Quote:
The number 4 in chinese isnt use sometimes as its bad luck. It sounds like "die" when you say it.

Quote:

Yes, 4 is not a lucky number in China. so there will have not E4/X4/L4

OT: For real? I thought it was only a Japanese thing. Now according to this page it seems it's a common practice in Asian countries. You learn something new every day.
smile.gif

"In Cantonese-speaking regions in China, 14 and 24 are considered more unlucky than the individual 4, since 14 sounds like "will certainly die" (實死) and 24 like "easy to die" (易死)."

Children born on the 14th or 24th of April must take a HUGE sigh of relief every year.
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #413 of 17,484
Quote:

OT: For real? I thought it was only a Japanese thing. Now according to this page it seems it's a common practice in Asian countries. You learn something new every day.
smile.gif

"In Cantonese-speaking regions in China, 14 and 24 are considered more unlucky than the individual 4, since 14 sounds like "will certainly die" (實死) and 24 like "easy to die" (易死)."

Children born on the 14th or 24th of April must take a HUGE sigh of relief every year.
biggrin.gif

Why just April? Didn't get it, sorry 
confused.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #415 of 17,484
I am looking for a nice DAP and the X3 seems to include it all; a decent DAC, built in amp, microsd, flac 24bit, albumart, physical buttons, line out and supposed a nice UI :).
I think I will skip saving up for Nova3 and try to get this when it launches... and save up for new IEMS or a headphone as my Ecci PR401 died :O.
Confident here that Fiio won't mess this DAP up! :)

Thread is subscribed!

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #416 of 17,484
Quote:
Earbuds/Earphones should be included with every mp3 player package whether hi-fi or not. Not everyone on the planet will have earphones.

I remember way back in the walkman era where I just listened to music wiith the bundled accessories.

X3 is a FLAC player, not an MP3 player 
tongue_smile.gif

I know I don't wanna pay extra for bundled earphones. A $5 pair won't do the player any justice, and making people pay even $25 for the buds they probably won't need is not the brightest idea.
Maybe the dealers will offer some sensible bundles for the poor souls without a single pair of 'phones to their name. Not that there's gonna be a whole lot of those among the X3 buyers. For all the nice looks (and trust me, there are folks out there that don't think it looks nice at all) I don't think this DAP will appeal to anyone but music lovers.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #418 of 17,484
Quote:
I am looking for a nice DAP and the X3 seems to include it all; a decent DAC, built in amp, microsd, flac 24bit, albumart, physical buttons, line out and supposed a nice UI :).
I think I will skip saving up for Nova3 and try to get this when it launches... and save up for new IEMS or a headphone as my Ecci PR401 died :O.
Confident here that Fiio won't mess this DAP up! :)

Thread is subscribed!

Welcome to the club! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #419 of 17,484
Apr 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #420 of 17,484
Quote:
Subbin' for interest.

confused_face_2.gif

Because you are lusting for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back