The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 28, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #8,716 of 17,484
  I sure hope custom themes will still be possible, because that look is more like turning a duck into a clown, rather than a swan...

I don't really like the new look, sure, the current UI isn't perfect, but I like its simplicity. IMHO, something with big flashy pictures belongs on touchscreen devices, not a button operated player like the X3. I hope it will be possible to switch between old and new menu modes.

Tbh, UI is the last thing I care about, as long as basic functionality is solid. If they fix the mp3 decoder and resume for long tracks, I'll be a happy with any duck-, clown- or swan-UI they come up with.
wink.gif

Hi guys, from what I've been reading, the X3 sometimes doesn't play nice with MP3 files.  Wanted to ask opinions on what is the best format to rip CD's from to put on the X3?

Maybe just copy them over in WAV files to insure the best bit-bit copies?

Also, if anyone has recommendation for how they burn CD's from a Mac for the X3, I'd definitely appreciate the information.  Is iTunes with "Apple Lossless" OK?

Thanks

Apple lossless is fine, but so is high-bitrate AAC if you want to save space. Even transcoding MP3 to high-bitrate AAC will improve playback quality with the current firmware.

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #8,718 of 17,484
http://www.head-fi.org/t/707749/official-plans-for-firmware-updates-for-the-x3-after-version-2-10
Update plans for the X3
smily_headphones1.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 28, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #8,722 of 17,484
Good, but on the "Now play screen" I want see: 1) Band 2) Album 3) Track and on at the bottom codec and resolution.
E.g.:

Pink Floyd
The Wall
3. Another Brick in the Wall Part 1

FLAC 24/96

Is it too large problem?

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #8,723 of 17,484
I have one of these on the way. Should get here monday. The x3 has been on my want list for a long time so i cant wait to try it out!

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #8,725 of 17,484
Only one thing I wish that it will add to new firmware

1. Playing in Browse Mode
2. Hold the Back Button to Main Menu to do some thing
3. return to now playing
4. After end of album, when press Back, it go to upper folder

Very uncomfortable that when press back, it return to main menu and I have to start browse file> SD card- > select genre -> select artist -> select album every time

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #8,727 of 17,484
  Got my Tuff-Luv case.  Overall I'm quite impressed by the package, which in addition to a well constructed case, includes screen protectors, screen wipe, belt clip, and a clip on ring.  

pics:

Are you still enjoying the Tuff-Luv case and can you tell me if it covers up the Line Out on the bottom of the X3? 

I'm trying to find a case I like for the X3 and thus far its between this one and the real leather one made by FiiO that's just a few dollars more...not sure if the FiiO leather case. 

Thanks!

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #8,728 of 17,484
  Plug and Play?  I'll give it a show this weekend thanks!

Yes and no

Yes in that it doesn't require anything else. But 50/50 times you need to go into Audio MIDI setup or sound setup to select to use it as DAC. Sometimes its auto, sometimes its not.

You also NEED LATEST firmware.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #8,729 of 17,484

I'm trying to find a case I like for the X3 and thus far its between this one and the real leather one made by FiiO that's just a few dollars more...not sure if the FiiO leather case. 

Thanks!

The TuffLuv case. I own both and I can say that the TuffLuv case is much more convenient. However, if you do love your cases to be manufactured out of real leather which looks and feels like a true leather belt, I can recommend the FiiO case.

Both are not very beautiful, both make the X3 a lot bigger. Won´t fit easily into a shirt pocket, neither into slim fit trousers (like I wear). The TuffLuv case can be attached to your waistband... then of course you´ll look like someone from the late '90s when people wore their cellphones strapped to their wasteband (which looked ridiculous). When using the TuffLuv case you just have to ask yourself if you´re willing to look a bit odd when you´re listening to HiRes music on the go.

IMO the TuffLuv case is ugly but very, very convenient and manufactured well. The FiiO case is less ugly and also less convenient. You decide 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #8,730 of 17,484
I mainly like the TuffLuv case when it can be clipped to my belt or pocket.  In the winter I don't find this practical when using it outside since my coat covers it and I can just stuff the X3 in my coat pocket.  I'd imagine in warmer weather I would use it outside like that instead of having it taking up space inside my pants pockets.  Personally I don't like the part of the case covering the screen and controls as I have to pull it up to change songs.  The silicone case is a lot more convenient in this respect.  Also the hole for the headphone out is a bit smaller than that of the silicone case, so if your headphone has a very thick plug it might not work well with the TuffLuv.  As for the line-out, there's plenty of space since it doesn't cover the bottom corners of the X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back