The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #8,701 of 17,484
Hello,

I have had an X3 since December. It has been excellent. I updated the firmware no problems. Everything was perfect...until today.

The machine clicked off when in use...I assumed the battery was out. It was running via lineout into a portable speaker.

Since then, I cannot get the thing to turn on. I have tried recharging it. The charge light comes on but the computer no longer recognises it as an external drive. It doesn't put up in the 'my computer' (I have Windows 8).

Can anyone help? Is there a way to reboot it?

Incidentally, the machine has never been dropped, had water on it, or anything like that. Handled with kid gloves since I had it.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #8,702 of 17,484
Hello,

I have had an X3 since December. It has been excellent. I updated the firmware no problems. Everything was perfect...until today.

The machine clicked off when in use...I assumed the battery was out. It was running via lineout into a portable speaker.

Since then, I cannot get the thing to turn on. I have tried recharging it. The charge light comes on but the computer no longer recognises it as an external drive. It doesn't put up in the 'my computer' (I have Windows 8).

Incidentally, the machine has never been dropped, had water on it, or anything like that. Handled with kid gloves since I had it.

Reset your X3. There's reset hole near the heaphone out jack. If your computer doesn't recognize it, just recharge it using a normal wall outlet. Transfer your files using a microSD reader (this is what I do nowadays because file transfer speed is faster).

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #8,703 of 17,484
  Hello,

Like said above.

Take a pin, and poke the reset at the top of the X3. 

If it doesn't work still. Use an Apple or authorized Android USB wall adapter (usb charger that plugs into wall) and plug it into X3. Leave for 20m and then try the reset again with it connected.

Remove the mSD card and try those steps above.

All else fails, contact FiiO.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #8,704 of 17,484
Hello,

Hold the power button for 10 seconds, wait 5 second, and power it on again. (Or use the technique as the other two posts tell)

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #8,707 of 17,484
  hope it will be a story about " The clown duck into a swan " . and we will add some new features in X3 in the coming soon.

New firmware looks incredible. Good work Team Fiio! 
beerchug.gif
Is there anyway you can make the X3 sound more neutral like the X5?

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #8,708 of 17,484
Hello,

I would hate to ask and I've seen it before, do you have the "hold button" on.

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #8,709 of 17,484
 hope it will be a story about " The clown duck into a swan " . and we will add some new features in X3 in the coming soon.

New firmware looks incredible. Good work Team Fiio! 
beerchug.gif
Is there anyway you can make the X3 sound more neutral like the X5?

No one mess with the X3's signature. If you want it like the X5, get the X5. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #8,710 of 17,484
  I don't know about that isolator as there are limitations to it...

You will not have any 24/192 support and it will take a month to charge the X3 with that unit.
Just sayin...

It will crash X5 (and highly likely X3 as well) and requires a restart to get back to normal when you have an USB isolator in between the player and the PC (*Yes, I have tried it). Both X3 and X5 will need high speed (480Mbps) USB 2.0 to work, but most USB isolator only works up to full speed (12Mbps). USB Isolator that actually supports high speed will cost about 10~20 units of X3, last I checked. The only thing that is workable is actually the iFi iUSB Power that has been mentioned, but it is still more expensive than X3 itself.

Thank you very much.

Keep using 3-to-2 prong adapter should be the most economic solution for me.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #8,711 of 17,484
IEM's that gel with the X3??
 I just got a used X3, its on its way, I have some DT1350's I'll try and a bunch of IEM's but what is the best one, think $100-150 range......I'm curious how the RE-400's do with it and they are solidly in the budget!!
Thanks
 Ed

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #8,712 of 17,484
  IEM's that gel with the X3??
 I just got a used X3, its on its way, I have some DT1350's I'll try and a bunch of IEM's but what is the best one, think $100-150 range......I'm curious how the RE-400's do with it and they are solidly in the budget!!
Thanks
 Ed

Depends if you want complimenting sound sig, or on using the warm and bassy FiiO sound to counteract some analytical units. Those are the two typical 'way's people synergize units. 

Nuforce NE 700M goes well with the X3 in terms of it complimenting the Nuforce in everything it does.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #8,713 of 17,484
  Depends if you want complimenting sound sig, or on using the warm and bassy FiiO sound to counteract some analytical units. Those are the two typical 'way's people synergize units. 

Nuforce NE 700M goes well with the X3 in terms of it complimenting the Nuforce in everything it does.

How about the Nuforce NE-600s? Just got a dirt cheap pair on Mass****
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back