The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 28, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #8,281 of 17,484
in my case .... the x3 has a very strong bass boost .... +6 and above are very heavy for me .... the problem is : it will involve some midrange with it and coloring the sound ..... 

+1

I only use EQ if I absolutely have to.

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #8,282 of 17,484
  wow !!....i loved that photo !!! .....sooo nice  ....the leather case look cool and the E12 hooked to it is so nice ...what  is that line out cable and what headphones you use with it ?

If I'm using the E12 then you can pretty much guarantee that my 250Ω DT770 Pro are hooked up to it. Though I'm only using it around the house it's still pretty luggable, when I'm not at home i usually just use a pair of InEar SD-2:s straight out of the X3.

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #8,283 of 17,484
ok - further to my post here:  still having issues with Genre tagging, but only in the X3.

Again they are m4a files, this time Drive by Truckers...including "world of Hurt" which is how this is starting feel.
Anyone else having these issues with m4a files? (this time they are .AAC)

I can try to convert...but all my discs are in another country, so what is the best app to convert files? (googling at the moment).

I have, Media Rage (osx) (I think that put errors in some of my tags according to Mp3Tag - Win8), Mp3tag, and MediaMonkey.

Le Sigh.
T

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #8,284 of 17,484
How can i make lyrics work? In what format, what file name and in what folder it have to be?

Second thing.... Any idea how to remove extensions like .mp3 or .flac from id3 tag name of songs?

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #8,285 of 17,484
I just check headphones shop and found that, there is one shop that has both AT-ESW11LTD demo and new. So, I went to this shop today.

Finish with my new ESW11LTD within 15 min, and it still noon. So I ask to try between X3, AK120 and HM901.

Caution/Remark/ This is just a comment from very amateur user in this hobby

The test condition is
1. Use Audio Technica ESW11LTD (demo unit and fully break in)
2. Use song from my SD card, almost female vocal, all EAC ripped

AK120
I try AK120 first, but after compare with X3 for four songs, I gave up. Again, from my amateur opinion. This player is sound very bright, not smooth, lack of weight and impact. Another thing is that when I play the same track with X3, volume is 25 on X3 but for AK120, I have to crank up to 46 (almost full scale) in order to get the same sound level. I believe that many will like the bright sound from this player but not me. Finish the audit less than half an hour

HM901
This is the different story. The first song I try is Spanish Harlem. As every one know, the double bass of this song go down to 20Hz, and always use as reference for testing two channels system. When I play this song with 901, WOWWWW, ESW11LTD is sound like 8" woofer in my Martin Logan Vista. Bass is deep, very very good impact.

Bass, 901 absolutely the best

Mid, after listen for a while I think that 901 has a bold mid more than I like. It make ESW11LTD sound like vintage speaker with big and bold sound

High, 901 is a little better than X3

Details, 901 is the clear winner

Impact, 901 win for a mile

Conclusion.
Ak120, not thing to say any more
HM901, If you love very analog and tube like sound this will be a good choice. Is it worth the money, depend on individual preference.

Again, this is just a comment from a newbie in this hobby

Edit: Forget to mention about X3. After spend a lot of time listen to much more expensive player. I still happy with X3 and will buy X5 when it launched without hesitation. I really think that X3 sound is suit for my taste and my music.

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #8,286 of 17,484
ok.
Third post on the same night, sorry to be repetitive here:
redface.gif

There is definitely a problem with how this machine deals with the metadata from the m4a container. Just to see, I just took the suspect alac's into itunes and converted them (into the same file type - alac), but it can't read the "genre" tag correctly. I know If I convert to Flac, it will....

Today, after spending a week cleaning my files, I just can not get the X3 to work how it should. So I suppose unless anyone has any suggestions I am dangerously close to the ranks of the more disgruntled X3 owners.

Its great hardware, but firmware? Not so robust - annoying at the simplest level.

Anyway, to spare you the negativity - I am truly open to suggestions. I need to know what's going on.

This is painful, loading the card album by album, checking the tags on the X3, and I am only up to E( LO).
Well, I'm going to listen to some prog rock now, to make myself feel betterer.

T

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #8,287 of 17,484
ok.
Third post on the same night, sorry to be repetitive here: :xf_eek:
There is definitely a problem with how this machine deals with the metadata from the m4a container. Just to see, I just took the suspect alac's into itunes and converted them (into the same file type - alac), but it can't read the "genre" tag correctly. I know If I convert to Flac, it will....

Today, after spending a week cleaning my files, I just can not get the X3 to work how it should. So I suppose unless anyone has any suggestions I am dangerously close to the ranks of the more disgruntled X3 owners.

Its great hardware, but firmware? Not so robust - annoying at the simplest level.

Anyway, to spare you the negativity - I am truly open to suggestions. I need to know what's going on.

This is painful, loading the card album by album, checking the tags on the X3, and I am only up to E( LO).
Well, I'm going to listen to some prog rock now, to make myself feel betterer.

T

One programme you can try is mp3tag. You can open up your entire library by selecting the parent folder (in Windows). This allows you to see how files are tagged by column, you can then sort by specific columns to see what information is missing (ie blank entries) this helps in making sure you have tagged everything as intended.

Worth a try?

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #8,288 of 17,484
One programme you can try is mp3tag. You can open up your entire library by selecting the parent folder (in Windows). This allows you to see how files are tagged by column, you can then sort by specific columns to see what information is missing (ie blank entries) this helps in making sure you have tagged everything as intended.

Worth a try?

Yes, thanks, that is what I am using at the moment. They DO play - rather nicely - I must say on the X3, and frankly until the genres can be displayed in a folder/album way then its not particularly useful to use the genre option anyway. It is specific to M4a, both alac and aac. Thankfully I only have a couple of aac's.

Perhaps Another couple of firmware upgrades will sort this out.

On another note, can you suggest a good application for converting between lossless codecs? I was using xld on the mac, but now on windows 8.

Thanks for the moral support!:)

T

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #8,289 of 17,484
On another note, can you suggest a good application for converting between lossless codecs? I was using xld on the mac, but now on windows 8.

LameXP front-end.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #8,291 of 17,484
I use dBpoweramp Music Converter it's comercial and does an amazing job converting FLAC to ALAC and any format in between.
Multicore too so I can convert 8 songs at once. :wink:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Worth every penny.
beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #8,293 of 17,484
Yes, thanks, that is what I am using at the moment. They DO play - rather nicely - I must say on the X3, and frankly until the genres can be displayed in a folder/album way then its not particularly useful to use the genre option anyway. It is specific to M4a, both alac and aac. Thankfully I only have a couple of aac's.

Perhaps Another couple of firmware upgrades will sort this out.

T

Yes, perhaps :xf_eek: Getting files to be recognized properly is a high priority for firmware updates, and hierachical tag sorting medium priority...
when the engineers come back to work in February :xf_eek:
We're looking at March for an X3 update.

If all your files can be read by mp3tag you can use this handy method of naming and sorting your files so that Browse Files on the X3 can work effectively as Genre->Artist->Album sorting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqsI3sWsSM4&feature=youtu.be

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #8,294 of 17,484

Users who are viewing this thread

Back