or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 552

post #8266 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

Mine plays gapless just fine through Folder browsing.

 

In fact, so far I haven't encountered any issues with it whatsoever.


Already re-install 2.1 firmware, gapless not work

Press the reset, still not work.

 

I will delete cue file and see whether it solve the problem or not

post #8267 of 17129

FLAC, in browser mode, gapless works for me .. thankfully :) 

post #8268 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroski View Post
 


Already re-install 2.1 firmware, gapless not work

Press the reset, still not work.

 

I will delete cue file and see whether it solve the problem or not

 

I never used a cue file on the X3 yet.

 

Gapless works well for me without any tweaks.

post #8269 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

I never used a cue file on the X3 yet.

 

Gapless works well for me without any tweaks.


Same here. It works for FLAC and mp3 on my end.

post #8270 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
 


Same here. It works for FLAC and mp3 on my end.

 

MP3 and M4A here. :smile:

post #8271 of 17129

 

Got my HS5 leather protector in today. I like the feel of it and i love the heft it gives to the X3, it's just stunning to look at as well. 

I am a very happy camper!

post #8272 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post
 

 

Got my HS5 leather protector in today. I like the feel of it and i love the heft it gives to the X3, it's just stunning to look at as well. 

I am a very happy camper!

wow !!....i loved that photo !!! .....sooo nice  ....the leather case look cool and the E12 hooked to it is so nice ...what  is that line out cable and what headphones you use with it ?

post #8273 of 17129

Can someone tell me how much of a difference the treble/bass make on the X3?  I've searched high and low and just found "it works."  As a comparison, if you know the Philips Golden Ears challenge(good fun), is the effect on the bass test equal, greater difference, or less effect that the X3 itself?

 

I ask as I like to colour certain headphones, and can't really afford to buy and not like the X3.

 

Based on the Golden Ears test with my FIscher FA003's, I would only tweak it +6db bass with certain music. The +12 is grossly bloated thick disgusting bass, to me.  I fear that I'll buy the X3 and it won't really adjust as much as I desire!  

 

As an aside, can anyone answer why I find my Cowon S9 on everything flat, I hate it, but find the Golden Ears original version songs very nice, only needing slight eqing, where my Cowon needs massive changes from completely neutral.  So confusing!

 

Thanks!

post #8274 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledreamer View Post
 

Can someone tell me how much of a difference the treble/bass make on the X3?  I've searched high and low and just found "it works."  As a comparison, if you know the Philips Golden Ears challenge(good fun), is the effect on the bass test equal, greater difference, or less effect that the X3 itself?

 

I ask as I like to colour certain headphones, and can't really afford to buy and not like the X3.

 

Based on the Golden Ears test with my FIscher FA003's, I would only tweak it +6db bass with certain music. The +12 is grossly bloated thick disgusting bass, to me.  I fear that I'll buy the X3 and it won't really adjust as much as I desire!  

 

As an aside, can anyone answer why I find my Cowon S9 on everything flat, I hate it, but find the Golden Ears original version songs very nice, only needing slight eqing, where my Cowon needs massive changes from completely neutral.  So confusing!

 

Thanks!

in my case .... the x3 has a very strong bass boost .... +6 and above are very heavy for me .... the problem is : it will involve some midrange with it and coloring the sound ..... 

post #8275 of 17129

reset / reinstall firmware / delete all cue file. Gapless still doesn't work

 

So, this should be the most stupid question in this thread. For all of you that can use gapless function in browse mode, you only set Gapless = On, correct? Or they need to set any thing else?

post #8276 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroski View Post
 

reset / reinstall firmware / delete all cue file. Gapless still doesn't work

 

So, this should be the most stupid question in this thread. For all of you that can use gapless function in browse mode, you only set Gapless = On, correct? Or they need to set any thing else?


That's all I've done, and gapless works fine in browse mode for me.

post #8277 of 17129
Yes that is all I have set is Gapless = On.

When you listen to these tracks on the computer do they play properly? Also if the Album art is too large say 1100x1100 or bigger I've seen other players pause a second while the image is skipped over.

Just a thought.

You could dropbox two or three tracks for us to test on our X3's to see if it is the files.
beerchug.gif
post #8278 of 17129
Trying to get X3 to recognise the genre: Baroque.
Doesn't want to see it and puts it in the "Unkown Genre".....
It is seen on my rockbox ipod 5.5, it sees it in any tag editor I have, pc and mac. (These are .m4a files btw. Other m4a files Seem ok ATM.)

Mind you, I am having issues using the Genre catergory, as it is split into individual artists names.......not in any album/folder form. (Unless I am missing something?)
Should I be looking at something like:

Music>Genre>Artist>Album folder organisation..?


Any ideas?

Thanks
T

Gave up with genres for Frank Zappa. rolleyes.gif still trying to work that out.


EDIT>>>> converted to FLAC and it showed up on the X3. Not really an answer as to why though, I don't want to convert all the time.
Edited by Togril - 1/28/14 at 12:15am
post #8279 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post

wow !!....i loved that photo !!! .....sooo nice  ....the leather case look cool and the E12 hooked to it is so nice ...what  is that line out cable and what headphones you use with it ?

I asked him in another thread and here's his response below. Btw, I ended up ordering a few myself and really like them. Now, where do I buy this case. biggrin.gif [EDIT: Oh, official case]

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalkman View Post

I got that interconnect of this guy on Ebay. It's built with Pailiccs plugs and Nordost flat speaker cable, 7N silver plated copper. It's built like a tank and it's "only" $27.99
.

Edited by deltasun - 1/27/14 at 11:13pm
post #8280 of 17129

thats nice :) thanks


Edited by Mmet - 1/28/14 at 12:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.