The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 27, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #8,266 of 17,484

Mine plays gapless just fine through Folder browsing.

In fact, so far I haven't encountered any issues with it whatsoever.

Already re-install 2.1 firmware, gapless not work
Press the reset, still not work.

I will delete cue file and see whether it solve the problem or not

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #8,268 of 17,484

Already re-install 2.1 firmware, gapless not work
Press the reset, still not work.

I will delete cue file and see whether it solve the problem or not

I never used a cue file on the X3 yet.

Gapless works well for me without any tweaks.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #8,270 of 17,484

Same here. It works for FLAC and mp3 on my end.

MP3 and M4A here.
smile.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #8,272 of 17,484

Got my HS5 leather protector in today. I like the feel of it and i love the heft it gives to the X3, it's just stunning to look at as well. 
I am a very happy camper!

wow !!....i loved that photo !!! .....sooo nice  ....the leather case look cool and the E12 hooked to it is so nice ...what  is that line out cable and what headphones you use with it ?

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #8,273 of 17,484
Can someone tell me how much of a difference the treble/bass make on the X3?  I've searched high and low and just found "it works."  As a comparison, if you know the Philips Golden Ears challenge(good fun), is the effect on the bass test equal, greater difference, or less effect that the X3 itself?

I ask as I like to colour certain headphones, and can't really afford to buy and not like the X3.

Based on the Golden Ears test with my FIscher FA003's, I would only tweak it +6db bass with certain music. The +12 is grossly bloated thick disgusting bass, to me.  I fear that I'll buy the X3 and it won't really adjust as much as I desire!  

As an aside, can anyone answer why I find my Cowon S9 on everything flat, I hate it, but find the Golden Ears original version songs very nice, only needing slight eqing, where my Cowon needs massive changes from completely neutral.  So confusing!

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #8,274 of 17,484
  Can someone tell me how much of a difference the treble/bass make on the X3?  I've searched high and low and just found "it works."  As a comparison, if you know the Philips Golden Ears challenge(good fun), is the effect on the bass test equal, greater difference, or less effect that the X3 itself?

I ask as I like to colour certain headphones, and can't really afford to buy and not like the X3.

Based on the Golden Ears test with my FIscher FA003's, I would only tweak it +6db bass with certain music. The +12 is grossly bloated thick disgusting bass, to me.  I fear that I'll buy the X3 and it won't really adjust as much as I desire!  

As an aside, can anyone answer why I find my Cowon S9 on everything flat, I hate it, but find the Golden Ears original version songs very nice, only needing slight eqing, where my Cowon needs massive changes from completely neutral.  So confusing!

Thanks!

in my case .... the x3 has a very strong bass boost .... +6 and above are very heavy for me .... the problem is : it will involve some midrange with it and coloring the sound ..... 

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #8,275 of 17,484
reset / reinstall firmware / delete all cue file. Gapless still doesn't work

So, this should be the most stupid question in this thread. For all of you that can use gapless function in browse mode, you only set Gapless = On, correct? Or they need to set any thing else?

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #8,276 of 17,484
  reset / reinstall firmware / delete all cue file. Gapless still doesn't work

So, this should be the most stupid question in this thread. For all of you that can use gapless function in browse mode, you only set Gapless = On, correct? Or they need to set any thing else?

That's all I've done, and gapless works fine in browse mode for me.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #8,277 of 17,484
Yes that is all I have set is Gapless = On.

When you listen to these tracks on the computer do they play properly? Also if the Album art is too large say 1100x1100 or bigger I've seen other players pause a second while the image is skipped over.

Just a thought.

You could dropbox two or three tracks for us to test on our X3's to see if it is the files.
:beerchug:

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #8,278 of 17,484
Trying to get X3 to recognise the genre: Baroque.
Doesn't want to see it and puts it in the "Unkown Genre".....
It is seen on my rockbox ipod 5.5, it sees it in any tag editor I have, pc and mac. (These are .m4a files btw. Other m4a files Seem ok ATM.)

Mind you, I am having issues using the Genre catergory, as it is split into individual artists names.......not in any album/folder form. (Unless I am missing something?)
Should I be looking at something like:

Music>Genre>Artist>Album folder organisation..?

Any ideas?

Thanks
T

Gave up with genres for Frank Zappa. :rolleyes: still trying to work that out.

[COLOR=FF00AA]EDIT>>>> converted to FLAC and it showed up on the X3. Not really an answer as to why though, I don't want to convert all the time.[/COLOR]

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #8,279 of 17,484
wow !!....i loved that photo !!! .....sooo nice  ....the leather case look cool and the E12 hooked to it is so nice ...what  is that line out cable and what headphones you use with it ?

I asked him in another thread and here's his response below. Btw, I ended up ordering a few myself and really like them. Now, where do I buy this case. :D [EDIT: Oh, official case]

I got that interconnect of this guy on Ebay. It's built with Pailiccs plugs and Nordost flat speaker cable, 7N silver plated copper. It's built like a tank and it's "only" $27.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back