The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 26, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #8,236 of 17,484
  Just test line out of X3 with my two systems

The main system, I connect X3 to Harman KardonHK-990 integrated amp to Martin Logan Vista. I think sound will be on par with entry level CD player such as Marantz 6004 or Rotel 1072. But it completely unfair to compare with my Cary Audio CD-303T Professional ($6000)

Then I try X3 with Onkyo 876 avr / Wharfedale Denton speaker. This combination much more better, even better than when I play CD from Pioneer BDP-LX71 player. Very fluid and relax sound.

I fall in love with this cheap gadget and can't wait for X5 then X7 to come.

I hope I can have the speakers, lol, it will be so expensive if it is available in China . what a great combo.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 26, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #8,239 of 17,484
Yes, cause some one with a pair of Martin Logan electrostatic's wouldn't have a proper stand for his amp... :D

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #8,240 of 17,484

... uhm.. why are you using the X3 to prop up the leg of your stand? O_O 

Lol

The X3's metal is pretty maleable and easy to denting.

The X5 on the other hand. I would say that unless that is extremely heavy, that the X5 can prop that leg up just fine. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #8,242 of 17,484
  Fiio will release any new firmware for X3 in the future? 

Of course they will be releasing new firmware in the future. When? No idea yet.

It will probably be later than usual though as they will soon be celebrating Chinese New Year

Facebook:

Dear readers and customers,

To celebrate the coming Chinese New Year, FiiO will take 12 days off (from Jan 26th to Feb 6th) and will get back to work on Feb 7th. Support issues sent to support@fiio.net will be answered after the holidays. Please kindly contact your local FiiO sales agent if you have any urgent question about FiiO products. To locate your local FiiO agent look here:

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #8,243 of 17,484
i want yo buy an open back headphone around USD200 but still not shure wich was reading a lot and cant decide

beyerdinamics at990 250ohm
akg q701
ayu ad900

or the Sony mdr ma900 from wich ive read some very good reviews

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #8,244 of 17,484
i want yo buy an open back headphone around USD200 but still not shure wich was reading a lot and cant decide

beyerdinamics at990 250ohm
akg q701
ayu ad900

or the Sony mdr ma900 from wich ive read some very good reviews
You should probably ask that question in one of the headphone threads... So not to turn this X3 discussion thread into a "What headphones is good for me?" OT thread...

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #8,245 of 17,484

I hope I can have the speakers, lol, it will be so expensive if it is available in China . what a great combo.

James, You should kidding me
dt880smile.png
ML should be available in China for sure. Main land is the biggest market in the world.

... uhm.. why are you using the X3 to prop up the leg of your stand? O_O 

Exactly, that make the sound even better
duggehsmile.png

Lol

The X3's metal is pretty maleable and easy to denting.

The X5 on the other hand. I would say that unless that is extremely heavy, that the X5 can prop that leg up just fine. 

Ok, now I consider to order 4 sets of X5, to replace my linn skeets
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #8,246 of 17,484
Any plans for a firmware update to fix the sluggishness of track navigation? Skipping between tracks is really slow and innacurate. Sometimes you press and it doesn't respond and then your press again and it skips too tracks. Also, occasionally it shows one track and plays another. This is all in browser mode. Also, play all is impossibly slow. I never use it to randomly play all my tracks because of how slow it is. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #8,247 of 17,484
One question, my X3 has 2.1 firmware, always plays album in browse mode, all Flac files, set gapless to ON. But gapless function never work. Any suggestion?

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #8,248 of 17,484
  One question, my X3 has 2.1 firmware, always plays album in browse mode, all Flac files, set gapless to ON. But gapless function never work. Any suggestion?

I'm not sure if gapless works in browse files mode? I'm not sure if FiiO fixed it where gapless only works in Categories. 

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #8,249 of 17,484
  I'm not sure if gapless works in browse files mode? I'm not sure if FiiO fixed it where gapless only works in Categories. 

Thanks, glad to hear that my X3 is not defect. I have three SD cards, for each music genre. So I always swap the card and play in browse mode, never use update library function. hope this will be fixed, it quite not comfortable when listen to classical music with some gap. But I can live with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #8,250 of 17,484

Thanks, glad to hear that my X3 is not defect. I have three SD cards, for each music genre. So I always swap the card and play in browse mode, never use update library function. hope this will be fixed, it quite not comfortable when listen to classical music with some gap. But I can live with it
smily_headphones1.gif

I think gapless should work in browse mode, but it depends on the file type. On mine Flac would play properly, but Alac would still have a short <very> gap. Can't say about mp3/etc. though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back