The discovery thread!
Oct 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #15,556 of 100,468
I saw this impression on another site.

"Pretty decent: RHA 750 (Fostex TE05 kills it though)" 
another from same member:
"Fostex iem is superbly neutral, clear, not warm, not analytical, just right. Probably the best reference sounding headphone or iem ever made for around $100 imo. Stunning. Probably ditch the b2 and ba200 as backups unless they mess up production units."

This was from some recent Canjam impressions, maybe from a member meetup on the side..

Anyhow keep your eyes peeled, and your wallets at the ready for the upcoming Fostex TE-05.
 I saw their recent lower end model but this is great news.
Apparently to be priced ~$100. Detachable cables ( MMCX sockets ), 9mm dynamic

" Periscope up.  Prepare forward financial tubes. Fire cash when target is in range"

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #15,557 of 100,468
Oct 17, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #15,558 of 100,468
Oct 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #15,559 of 100,468
  Interesting, I'm the anti-DS in a way...I love iem's, prefer them to over ear or on ears, actually, but have a hell of a time getting proper fit and seal, some I eventually make peace with, others never manage a good fit. Must have MUTANT EARS!!!!!!! (been watching too much Supernatural 
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Careful, before you know it there'll be a CIEM company by that name! 
biggrin.gif

MUTANT EARS presents: the all-new custom-fitted "Jazz Doctors" 3-way triple BA, tuned for acoustic music...
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #15,563 of 100,468
I would say both of them are around a similar sound level.  I love my XBA-3s but they are kinda picky in what sources it sounds great with but not so much on the MA750. The MA750 has a more natural tone and dynamic quality to the overall sounds. The XBA-3 can sometimes sound clinical and a bit leaner, again I think this has more to do with the right source matching than anything but overall it is my favorite Ba based iem..The MA750 is not really picky, sound good on everything.. I just got my paws one some MA600s. They sound solid as well. But not as refined as the MA750 obviously. They also punch above their cost for sound. Will have some more observations on the MA600 later.

If you own the XBA-3 will you want to get the MA750? I think once you reach that type of sound quality at around that price. These are the type of earphones you want to have. If you collect fine sounding iems I say the MA750s are worth it..But if your looking for a definitive upgrade on the XBA-3. I think the MA750 is more of a side grade but a damn good one. I think for $30 more, them new Sony XBA-H1s seem to be a compelling product.

Folks be outdoing one another when it comes to iems. I have to admit even though I am saving up for the XBA-H3 I am tempted to try out the H1 as well.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #15,565 of 100,468
Well in a way. If your torn between a nice sounding dynamic and a ba based phone. The H1 seems to be the right choice given it has both..It wouldn't surprise me one bit if them H1s end up being better than the previous XBA phones. If there is a phone to take the plunge on I know the MA750s are a safe bet but so are them Sonys. Sony sound engineers are some of the best and brightest minds when it comes to sound..This is the reason why I am tempted to try out the new H1..

Sony seems to be stepping up their phone game over the competition. New ATs coming out. It is an exciting time to be in the hobby.

Na. Gonna wait it out for the H3. Go for the gold. I want a nice high end Sony.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #15,568 of 100,468
  I pulled the trigger on the ma750's yesterday, and now im thinking I should have gone for the H1's lol. 

That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the MA750's just yet as I'm waiting for more impressions of the H1's. I don't have loads of cash to spend on iem's and don't really collect many so I have to make every purchase count in a way. MA750 vs H1 for my next purchase.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #15,569 of 100,468
I don't think you'll regret it. It is an awesome phone. You made the right decision. There is not enough posted on the H1 to know what level of sound we are talking about. The jury is still out on them. The MA750 is a solid purchase. I would buy one over again if something was to happen with my pair. You will dig em. Some may have a fit issue but I haven't seen anyone say they didn't like the sound. The sound is awesome and you are definitely getting am excellent value in the sound not to mention everything else you get in the package.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #15,570 of 100,468
  I don't think you'll regret it. It is an awesome phone. You made the right decision. There is not enough posted on the H1 to know what level of sound we are talking about. The jury is still out on them. The MA750 is a solid purchase. I would buy one over again if something was to happen with my pair. You will dig em. Some may have a fit issue but I haven't seen anyone say they didn't like the sound. The sound is awesome and you are definitely getting am excellent value in the sound not to mention everything else you get in the package.

As you mentioned, that's what makes the MA750 a very tempting and enticing potential purchase choice, the whole package itself. Still though, I'll be patient and wait for some more H1 reviews to come in and then make my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back