The discovery thread!
Jul 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #12,317 of 100,518
Quote:
You're making me want to switch to android sooner than I'm suppose to! Stop that! :p

Well I use both iphone 5 and note 2, because of android latency problems there is no good app for guitar so I use amplitube on wifes iphone for guitar proc. So get a girl with android or switch switch if you whant to upgrade your iems sound :)

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #12,318 of 100,518
Quote:
Well I use both iphone 5 and note 2, because of android latency problems there is no good app for guitar so I use amplitube on wifes iphone for guitar proc. So get a girl with android or switch switch if you whant to upgrade your iems sound :)

I do have a 'girl' with Android...my mom. She owns a Note 2.

I do have an LG Optimus 2X, but the stock player's extremely slow. I'm still working on a workaround.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #12,319 of 100,518
Do you Tenso/ebay guys have advice for a nice portable player under $100, apart from SanDisk that is?

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #12,320 of 100,518
Quote:
Do you Tenso/ebay guys have advice for a nice portable player under $100, apart from SanDisk that is?

A sub-$100 DAP other than the SanDisk ones? Umm...hmm...I got nothing.

Anyway, I'd like to tell everyone that I finally got around to buying the SHE3580s! I'll be posting my impressions on here when it arrives. As I seem to have ordered it from an audio store in my area, it should arrive tomorrow. 
etysmile.gif
 I'm so hyped!

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #12,321 of 100,518
Has anyone in this thread (Dsnuts?) compared the X1 and the HE-400?

I've been looking at the HE-400 for a while but now I'm thinking that the X1 might be a better option. I really love my S2's and that makes me belive that I would enjoy the X1's.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #12,322 of 100,518
Quote:

I've been looking at the HE-400 for a while but now I'm thinking that the X1 might be a better option. I really love my S2's and that makes me belive that I would enjoy the X1's.

From what I read on the other threads, teh HE-400 is tuned to a more flat signature, but as it is an ortho (like the LCD-2), I assume it is slightly bassy. The X1 is a basshead can and is also one of the best-looking ones. Expect more bass on the X1s. 

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #12,323 of 100,518
Quote:

Also, you might want to compare the X1 to the HE-300. Both are dynamics and they are currently selling for about the same price, around $250.

http://www.headfonia.com/the-fidelio-x1-by-philips/comment-page-1/

"Build quality is better on the X1. 
Comfort, Hifiman's pads are more comfortable but overall X1 wins in comfort. 
Soundstage and stereo imaging, HE-300.
Sound is more relaxed, more laid back on the HE-300. It's closer to the HD650. The X1 is more upfront, faster pace, a little more treble. I think the X1 is better for fast pace Rock."

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #12,324 of 100,518
Quote:

Also, you might want to compare the X1 to the HE-300. Both are dynamics and they are currently selling for about the same price, around $250.

http://www.headfonia.com/the-fidelio-x1-by-philips/comment-page-1/

"Build quality is better on the X1. 
Comfort, Hifiman's pads are more comfortable but overall X1 wins in comfort. 
Soundstage and stereo imaging, HE-300.
Sound is more relaxed, more laid back on the HE-300. It's closer to the HD650. The X1 is more upfront, faster pace, a little more treble. I think the X1 is better for fast pace Rock."

Yes and no
wink_face.gif

Over here the X1 cost $300-400 and the HE-400 about $500, but I'm still interested in a comparision between the two. I'm considerig getting either the X1 or the HE-400 (HE-300 are not of interest to me) so that's why I wonder what the main differences between these two would be. I would also guess more bass on the X1 but at the same time the HE-400 is said to have pretty good amount of bass (but I guess that is for an ortho).

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #12,325 of 100,518
Quote:
Yes and no
wink_face.gif

Over here the X1 cost $300-400 and the HE-400 about $500, but I'm still interested in a comparision between the two. I'm considerig getting either the X1 or the HE-400 (HE-300 are not of interest to me) so that's why I wonder what the main differences between these two would be. I would also guess more bass on the X1 but at the same time the HE-400 is said to have pretty good amount of bass (but I guess that is for an ortho).

Fair enough. :) 

In the comments section of the headfonia X1 review I referenced above, several posters had questions about the X1 vis-a-vis the HE-400. Other than that, I haven't seen any other comparisons of these two headphones....

Good luck!

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #12,326 of 100,518
Quote:

Fair enough. :) 

In the comments section of the headfonia X1 review I referenced above, several posters had questions about the X1 vis-a-vis the HE-400. Other than that, I haven't seen any other comparisons of these two headphones....

Good luck!

True, not many comparisions between the two to be found.

I did find this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663288/philips-fidelio-x1-vs-hifiman-he-400-stronger-natural-midrange/150 that sounded promising but 11 pages and never really mange to cut to the chase. TS did a smaller comparision between the two on page 8 but I want more
dt880smile.png

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #12,327 of 100,518
HE400's are a fast sounding headphone.  The bass is very tight and controlled.  Doesn't hit the sub-bass notes like the X1.  Midrange is more forward than the X1 and I find the X1 to sound more natural.  Treble on the HE400 can get a little hot but not overly so.  X1 has an energetic treble but not like the 400's.  Two are vastly different in my opinion.  

I ended up ordering the Zero Audio BX500 to hear what their current armature is all about.  It reminds me of the Tenore's signature but with a little more zip in the highs.  Not fatiguing though.  The bass is plentiful which surprised me.  It might have as much bass as the Tenore's, possibly more.  I'll do some comparisons later.  This one deserves the hype just like the Basso's and Tenores.  I'm not a big fan of armature driver sound and these impress.  The Sony XBA series are the only armature earphones that I really like and the bass reminds me of those but tighter.  

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #12,329 of 100,518
Quote:
HE400's are a fast sounding headphone.  The bass is very tight and controlled.  Doesn't hit the sub-bass notes like the X1.  Midrange is more forward than the X1 and I find the X1 to sound more natural.  Treble on the HE400 can get a little hot but not overly so.  X1 has an energetic treble but not like the 400's.  Two are vastly different in my opinion.  

I ended up ordering the Zero Audio BX500 to hear what their current armature is all about.  It reminds me of the Tenore's signature but with a little more zip in the highs.  Not fatiguing though.  The bass is plentiful which surprised me.  It might have as much bass as the Tenore's, possibly more.  I'll do some comparisons later.  This one deserves the hype just like the Basso's and Tenores.  I'm not a big fan of armature driver sound and these impress.  The Sony XBA series are the only armature earphones that I really like and the bass reminds me of those but tighter.  

imagine how their dual BA Doppio will sound like :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back