The discovery thread!
Apr 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #9,151 of 100,687
Quote:
But for one guy to ship 10 phones to others is kinda not too much fun so it might not be a good idea. But even if 2 or 3 of you guys got together one shipping it might be worth it. So maybe smaller group buys.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #9,152 of 100,687
Quote:
But for one guy to ship 10 phones to others is kinda not too much fun so it might not be a good idea. But even if 2 or 3 of you guys got together one shipping it might be worth it. So maybe smaller group buys.

Being in Canada, it probably wouldn't make sense for me to get into any U.S. kinky group stuff. But I might see if my neighbor Nick N is interested in a twosome - he's always on the lookout for a good cheaper discovery...

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #9,153 of 100,687
Quote:

Being in Canada, it probably wouldn't make sense for me to get into any U.S. kinky group stuff. But I might see if my neighbor Nick N is interested in a twosome - he's always on the lookout for a good cheaper discovery...

What i thought he was only into the high end stuff??? Oh yeah... those TDKs never mind................ you lovely Canadian loves to get kinky with those cheapos for some strange reason.
biggrin.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #9,154 of 100,687
I see the discovery thread blew up.  All we needed was Ds to have a listen to these things.  I might be in for the group buy also so I can get myself one of the different models.  I have a Tenso account and once it arrives into customs, I usually get it in my hands the next day.  

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #9,156 of 100,687
Quote:
I see the discovery thread blew up.  All we needed was Ds to have a listen to these things.  I might be in for the group buy also so I can get myself one of the different models.  I have a Tenso account and once it arrives into customs, I usually get it in my hands the next day.  

I am down for whichever, smaller group buy might be less a pain in the @ss, so........... it all depends on the people with dat tenso master account.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Those glorious TDKs.....you guys gotta grab a pair, if not 10. 

Ya' mon they a glorious indeed, so how 'bout i trade my like-new set for those used and abused CKN70s of yours, i need that hipster blue set in my collection for da' ladies.
bigsmile_face.gif

edit: damn this is too good not to share in the discovery thread. This is ma' jam!!! <333s

... dat sax riff.
cool.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #9,157 of 100,687
This might be too early, but i am gonna ask the million dollar question now. Are these ZACBs as significant of a discovery as the MH1Cs Ds??? If so, then you're gonna have to order everyone to get a set as well. haha

It might not be true for others, but for me those MH1Cs for ~$20 showed me the light regarding what a highly refined bass emphasized iem is all about. It has changed how i view other budget-fi iems in terms of price to performance ratio that's for sure.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #9,159 of 100,687
Quote:
Just ordered my secret iem which zelda already spilled the beans on-_-",yeah the corecool v2 is a chinese iem with epic build quality using titanium magnesium housing with dual dynamic drivers, with airospace grade removable cable and comes with a spare mic'ed cable only for a promational $99 shipped . I think they will be the best bang for the buck discovery yet
biggrin.gif

Not a regular here, but I saw your mention of these while browsing the thread. I've been looking for a decent, reasonably-priced IEM with durable, replaceable cables (cats). Bought a pair of these on Taobao (I live as an expat in China) for RMB292, a bit less than $50. Some shops list the retail as RMB 990, or ~$150, while the last one lists it as RMB 396, ~$65. It's hard to tell if the low price reflects the newness of the product (introductory discount for product visibility) or the Kohl's mentality of putting everything on a big sale at all times so you think you're getting a better deal than you really are.

Typically, they should arrive within 3-4 days. If I remember when they arrive, I might post a mini-review here.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #9,160 of 100,687
Quote:
I never said that I was man enough :wink:

Opps !   ...my most humble apologies Ms    ...I could never tell tell the gender from the posts.
PS: ...Get the AD900X !

...<yawn> just out of hibernation/honeymoon with my harem of phones and the E12,
Wassup with the sudden explosion in this thread ?  
confused.gif
     ....Did the Nutman started something ?  

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #9,161 of 100,687
Quote:

Cool, thanks. I see your picture there - sorry for your homeliness :wink:

Man, have I started to love trance and it's derivatives. Trance.fm is great. Ektoplazm is great (love stuff like this). Gonna have to do more exploring on mixcloud. Do you know what kbps they stream at?

I've listened to your #18 and #22 sets quite a few times, and they are wonderful - great work! I'm looking forward to checking out more of your stuff.

If you also can recommend any other artists to listen to, I will! Thanks.

Thats wicked mate, I'm glad you're enjoying them so much!

Artists you might wanna check out (I'll try not to make the list too long):

Airbase
Airwave
Alphazone
Onova
Mike Koglin
Darren Tate
Trance Arts
Ronny K
Simon O'Shine
DJ Space Raven
Sound Apparel
DJ Scot Project
Jordan Suckley
Simon Patterson

---

Oops, think I failed lol 
size]

PM me if you want any more.

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #9,162 of 100,687
Quote:

Opps !   ...my most humble apologies Ms    ...I could never tell tell the gender from the posts.
PS: ...Get the AD900X !

...<yawn> just out of hibernation/honeymoon with my harem of phones and the E12,
Wassup with the sudden explosion in this thread ?  
confused.gif
     ....Did the Nutman started something ?  

You sound so hawt! OMG! <3 Naww, I'm a guy xD Why should I get the AD900X?

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #9,163 of 100,687
DS can you please make a quick comparison of the mids of carbo basso and xba-3 when you have a chance. Thanks

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #9,164 of 100,687
Hi guys, just received my CKN70 and just found something is off when I was changing the tips. From what I see on the product page, I can see 3 small pin size hole on the bore but it seems that what I see on my pair is kind of a piece of white mesh instead. Any idea if there's anything fishy about my pair?

Would appreciate some feedbacks from owners here. Thanks in advance.
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #9,165 of 100,687
 Do I feel these are a significant of a find as the MH1C?  Yes but in a different level..These are more refined over the MH1C. You can say the sound tuning is of a similar caliber but these sound more musical to me and more natural to me. The balance is more correct. Sound is more spacious to my ears. These improve upon the MH1C from the sound to the ergonomics. These are actually very sexy looking in person..They look every bit the modern style earphone. I would even say they look better than most earphones I own and don't stick out a whole lot.. They look great feel great and ultimately sound great..Hearing these things if I would have heard them and the asking price was $150 I would have seriously thought about buying them. I am not gonna deny it. These sound unnaturally great for the price. The only other earphone that comes close to the price for sound quality level would be the CKN70 but those do have peakiness in the upper regions these earphones do not have.

I also noticed..Tonality on my tunes I was listening to last night is fantastic. Bass guitar notes has clear distinction vs synthetic bass notes having a different sound to them all together..Accessory sounds. Be it the symbol or the back ground singers or the natural reverb in instruments has a high level of distinction. It has clarity and detail and refinement that is unheard of at this price level while hitting them bass notes full on. The CKN70 has more perceived detail but these have a really great mix of that detail while being full and sound more effortless over the CKN70. I love my CKN70 but man did these things surprise me.

The mids on these things are very well done. Not recessed or forward the positioning is spot on and does sound more fuller over the XBA-3s.. I will do some more comparisons once I get some burn in time but I think for the asking price for the guys that want a great earphone to add to their arsenal of earphones.. These should not be missed.. I have heard nothing like these at this price level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back