The discovery thread!
Mar 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #8,371 of 102,883
Quote:
Trying to sell but struggling to find a buyer from Europe. It's not the tangling, it's the J-cord. I much prefer Y-cords because the J-cord (Or U-cord as the AT Japanese site refers to them as) practically pulls the left side earphone out of my ear when I'm walking due to it being shorter. The included clip didn't seem to help either. The sound is sooo good to my ears though after being used to my FX101s. 

Are you are wearing it correctly, right side cable draped behind your neck? That shouldn't happen unless the whole cable is too short for you, which is highly unlikely (unless you're a 7 foot giant
biggrin.gif
).

Mar 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #8,372 of 102,883
Yeah, turns out I had the clip the wrong way somehow 
redface.gif

Haven't tried walking anywhere with them yet but seems like it would be much better. I did have the right side cable draped behind my neck yes. I'm 6 foot 2 
tongue.gif

Where is it best to place the clip? Closer to left side earbud, right earbud or in the middle? I plan on putting my phone in my right pocket and plugging them in there.

Damn if the next CKN model is better than the CKN70 then I'll be blown away. Was disappointed when I bought some of those Sony hybrid style tips from eBay and the didn't even fit! Not too keen on the Sennheiser double flanges I got either so I stole the medium sized earbuds from my brothers Beats and they seem to work pretty well 
biggrin.gif
. Anyone got a link to any medium sized eartips that definitely fit the CKN70s? I want to experiment and try other tips.

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #8,373 of 102,883
Clip goes on the main cable. Also make sure that right cable goes really far around and over your shoulder. The part where the cable splits should be touching your neck.

Your Sony Hybrids don't fit on the CKN70s? Strange, mine go on easily and fit perfect. Maybe you got fakes.

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #8,375 of 102,883
Quote:
Clip goes on the main cable. Also make sure that right cable goes really far around and over your shoulder. The part where the cable splits should be touching your neck.

Your Sony Hybrids don't fit on the CKN70s? Strange, mine go on easily and fit perfect. Maybe you got fakes.

+1. The real sony hybrids should fit perfectly.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #8,376 of 102,883
Just got the a900x today, not sure about them yet. (probably need some break in). Did some comparison listening quickly with my Senn 650's...The AT seems to have more treble energy, a bit "clearer" throughout, for lack of a better description). Bass somewhat more focused on AT, but there and very engaging on the Senns. Don't find them to have "veil" like some do (with the HiSound Anniversary...I did feel like they did using just an ipod), and somehow the music just pulls me in more so far. While the AT have that clarity and high frequency energy, I don't find anything missing on the Senns, and, so far, prefer them (in the 10 minutes or so I've listened).

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #8,378 of 102,883
Quote:
Just out of interest, is there anything in the same price range as the CKN70s that match it or very closely match it but have a Y-cord?

Yes, my FXD70's (that I have for sale :)

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #8,381 of 102,883
Quote:
Good one WAYNE.
beerchug.gif

They are indeed pretty similar, esp. how those crazy mids are presented, but the bass quantity is a bit more on the CKN70s. Didn't i tell you to look into the FXD80s, don't underestimate those tbh.

That's it - your cut of the profit has now decreased!
tongue.gif

Seriously though, I assume the 80's have the same form factor as the 70's. Now that I have re-discovered how awesome the 70's sound with different tips, the only reason I am going to continue on selling them is due to the fact that they don't seem to stay in my particular ear canals very well (and, I simply have too much gear thanks to the usual guilty parties lol).

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #8,382 of 102,883
Quote:
Shall have to look into FXD80s. Anything else I should look at?

If you want a more balanced iem, the 70's ($50 to you!) are definitely the way to go!
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #8,383 of 102,883
Just popping a question - FXD70s vs CKN70s impressions? Curious between the two as I have the FXD80s as well...somewhere (very messy) and was thinking of downgrading later. Or am I just lazy/stupid and comparisons are already posted up somewhere?

Also, got the ATs in the mail today, haven't opened them yet so no idea what to expect. Blue pairs ~~

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #8,385 of 102,883
Quote:
Just popping a question - FXD70s vs CKN70s impressions? Curious between the two as I have the FXD80s as well...somewhere (very messy) and was thinking of downgrading later. Or am I just lazy/stupid and comparisons are already posted up somewhere?

Also, got the ATs in the mail today, haven't opened them yet so no idea what to expect. Blue pairs ~~

Hey where is that pair you were hooking me up with??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Enjoy meng they are gonna need a good ol' fashion beat down, still burning my sets in cuz they are still not there yet. Another week should do the trick i hope.
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back