The discovery thread!
Mar 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #8,178 of 100,493
Thanks. I had seen the cks1000 thread, also heard of the xb90ex.  I know the fxz200 isn't far off from the price of cks1000.  How do the 3 compare?  Don't mind spending extra for better quality.  I read on here somewhere that Cdjapan mark products as gifts, so no import duties through them?  As opposed to the amazon.jp and tenso shipping service, which gets hit with duties. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #8,179 of 100,493
Ordered the MDR-XB90EX yesterday from AccessoryJack, Cost £86 Including Express shipping, looks like it'll be here tomorrow :D

Anything I should look out for in terms of checking if its real/fake ? should it be Made in China/Japan etc.

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #8,180 of 100,493
Quote:
Ordered the MDR-XB90EX yesterday from AccessoryJack, Cost £86 Including Express shipping, looks like it'll be here tomorrow :D

Anything I should look out for in terms of checking if its real/fake ? should it be Made in China/Japan etc.

they are made in china. generally, if it doesn't feel like you can successfully hang yourself with them, then they might be fake
biggrin.gif
they come with lots oh sony hybrid and noise isolating (ones with foam under the flanges) tips and a weird cable clip and a case.

You don't have to worry though - AJ are reputable dealers, running a risk of getting a fake from them is almost nonexistent...

oh and burn them in with noises and frequency swipes at very high volumes. they do break in...

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #8,182 of 100,493
Quote:

AccessoryJack doesn't sell fakes. They are very reliable, I've bought from them several times.
They value their reputation, or they would loose business. They are no Ebay.

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #8,183 of 100,493
So I was doing some shopping today and discovered thrift shops have music CDs that are in mint condition which cost me a dollar a piece. Found 7 great CDs today. Never would I have thought good music can be found at the local thrift stores.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #8,187 of 100,493
Quote:
So I was doing some shopping today and discovered thrift shops have music CDs that are in mint condition which cost me a dollar a piece. Found 7 great CDs today. Never would I have thought good music can be found at the local thrift stores.

I've been hitting up on a local Library that has CD's for $1 a pop. I've found Blue Note label jazz cd's, as well as many other rare or hard to find jazz cd's, plus some rare rock, alternative, and other CD's. I've spent easily over fifty in that Library in the last three or four weeks. They keep changing their selections as people donate stuff they don't want.
If your library does a books sale, chances are they also sell CD's.

On the other hand, I've stopped buying books because I have no room to store them all! That and the Headphone boxes that are piling up
atsmile.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #8,188 of 100,493
Quote:
I've been hitting up on a local Library that has CD's for $1 a pop. I've found Blue Note label jazz cd's, as well as many other rare or hard to find jazz cd's, plus some rare rock, alternative, and other CD's. I've spent easily over fifty in that Library in the last three or four weeks. They keep changing their selections as people donate stuff they don't want.

Great idea! I'll have to check the 'ol library out.

Quote:
On the other hand, I've stopped buying books because I have no room to store them all! That and the Headphone boxes that are piling up
atsmile.gif

Lots of room in your kindle or tablet! I just recently got a tablet and have been reading ebooks on it. At first I didn't think that I would like reading books on it, but it's pretty slick. And I more often than not have my tablet with me, which means that more often than not have my book with me too :)

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #8,189 of 100,493
Quote:

You should venture out of the ghetto. LMAO

deadhorse.gif

^ ¡Si Señor !

like i said befo' you can get the chinaman outta da' ghetto but not da' ghetto otta the chinaman.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

atsmile.gif

BOOK WORM!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:

Lots of room in your kindle or tablet! I just recently got a tablet and have been reading ebooks on it. At first I didn't think that I would like reading books on it, but it's pretty slick. And I more often than not have my tablet with me, which means that more often than not have my book with me too :)

Oh WAYNE you're just so hip, how can i ever keep up. You lovely hipster you!!!
beerchug.gif
And how's the re-cabling on my MH1Cs coming along???
wink_face.gif

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #8,190 of 100,493
Quote:

Yeah, I've gone the Kindle route as well.

Going back to topic, and I can listen to music on it, with headphones! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back