The discovery thread!
Mar 11, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #7,967 of 100,490
Quote:
I'm with you man. My favorite headphones at the moment are the CKN70s and S500s, both of which utilize carbon nanotube technology. I could care less if it's a gimmick or not, because they sound amazing.

^ Everything you just said, at the end of the day it's all about the eargasmic sound and the music. Fff everything else.
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #7,968 of 100,490
Quote:
Welp tbh, like what i have said before. I don't give a hoot what they claim is in it, gimmick or not, as long as it sounds SPECTACULAR that's all that it matters. I am not buying stuff for the tech but for their sound, but if certain new tech/ new material supposedly gives them a better sound oh well, it is what it is you knowhatimeng.

Oh, totally! I just see the praise for this new tech instead of the just natural incredible driver. I dont doubt they sound amazing!

I have just seen people buy them because they say "Carbon Nanotubes" and i just needed to post about it 
beerchug.gif

Maybe its their way of people to buy their better stuff or something.

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #7,969 of 100,490
Quote:
Oh, totally! I just see the praise for this new tech instead of the just natural incredible driver. I dont doubt they sound amazing!

I have just seen people buy them because they say "Carbon Nanotubes" and i just needed to post about it 
beerchug.gif

Maybe its their way of people to buy their better stuff or something.

heeeeee, i am guilty of being an CNT fan boi. I have made comments like what you posted above.
deadhorse.gif

But i have wised up a bit to judge all audio gears on their own individual merits, no matter the tech, etc.

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #7,971 of 100,490
Quote:
Im waiting for the HD800 CNT edition! 
biggrin.gif

But .... but CNT tech is only reserve for the Jpnese, Senni ain't getting their secrets. But they can just slap a sticker on it and call it as they wish, no biggie as long as it sounds eargasmic.
L3000.gif

But it better be CHEAP cuz i ain't paying no $2000 for some stupid CNT cans while JVC sells them for $100. LoL

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #7,972 of 100,490
After resisting new purchases for a few months I got some CKN70's. They sound very good, quite versatile; compared to FXD80's I'd say that the mids are more apparent but the bass isn't as 'tight' and impactful, though on the whole they are easier to listen to and a bit more comfortable. The cable is horrible and loves to loops and tangle, I wasn't aware of the j-cord but that part is fine as it's long enough (**** you MH1C) and there's a slide adjust to take up the slack.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #7,973 of 100,490
Quote:
After resisting new purchases for a few months I got some CKN70's. They sound very good, quite versatile; compared to FXD80's I'd say that the mids are more apparent but the bass isn't as 'tight' and impactful, though on the whole they are easier to listen to and a bit more comfortable. The cable is horrible and loves to loops and tangle, I wasn't aware of the j-cord but that part is fine as it's long enough (**** you MH1C) and there's a slide adjust to take up the slack.

All hail that godly cable, it's the troll of the century.

Can't wait to get my dirty lil' hands of those CKN70s and see what the hype is all about. HYPED!!!

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #7,974 of 100,490
Quote:

Sorry, but that made me chuckle. Another "fist through the wall moment" courtesy of the beloved mh1c lol.

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #7,975 of 100,490
I just found this sAp-4S:

New portable amplifier from S.M.S.L. It cost 60$ and look astonishing. The chip inside is MAX9722, but no one knows how does it sound, no reviews yet. Man this looks so damn good 
eek.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #7,979 of 100,490
Quote:
No way.  The S500 still defines its value even with all the new AT and JVC's that has come out since the S500's debut.  I compared the S500 against the ES700 and the S500 came close in performance.  

But don't get Danny or dsnuts going about the WS99 lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back