The discovery thread!
Feb 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #6,901 of 100,767
Quote:
Got the efi82's (with 840 pads) yesterday and love them.  I can't go into details about how much better than are, or what they are better at, as I'm too much of a noob in the audiophile world. They just seem so well-rounded in every regard.  I currently own the ad700 and takstar hi2050, and the somics easily beat them.  I no longer own my d2000, but from what I can remember, these beat the denons in certain aspects.  

The only thing I dislike about this headphone is the housing.  I never liked DJ-style headphones.  They just feel cheap and plasticy.  Also, there's a slight hot spot on my head from the headband when I tighten them up.  When I loosen them to get rid of the hot spot, they feel a bit too loose on my head.  I just wish they were in a better housing, but for $40+ it makes sense.

As far as you can remember, what is better on the Somics vs the D2000s and vice versa?

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #6,902 of 100,767
Quote:

So is this AliExpress to be trusted. I might have missed it, but who has actually ordered from them with great satisfaction (please, if you only have 20 posts or less I'm not trusting you...lol)? 

I like those wood headphones. I wonder who is the maker. I might be tempted to try them.

So, who here is selling their CKS1000? lol

I think one head-fier I know is selling his has ignored my questions for some reason. I could order them from Japan, of course (and cheaper new), but was thinking about getting them quicker. Guess I'll be patient and just order them new.

That guy is guilty of not even burning in his CKS1000. What a shame. I have seen too many guys sample a phone out of box and not even warm up the drivers to already look for the next thing.  Won't even know what he is giving up. He wants to get the FXZ200 I believe. Do I want to give up my CKS1000. I think not.  But with the CKN70 around the corner being released soon. I would get both in one order. That might be too much awesome ATness.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #6,903 of 100,767
Quote:

The CKN50 are a direct upgrade to the CKM500. Improves upon them in every way.

x2 
beerchug.gif
 ..... But only in sound. The build sucks!

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #6,904 of 100,767
delete

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #6,905 of 100,767
Quote:

As far as you can remember, what is better on the Somics vs the D2000s and vice versa?

Hey, I'm liking the mids on the somics better.  Bass feels really tight, not overpowering at all.  Not to say the d2000's bass wasn't tight, but I'm liking this bass better.  Highs are great on both.  Generally, I just like the sound signature overall on the somics.  I've been a big fan of open styled headphones since the ad700.  It's just impossible to compare with other high end headphones since my experience only goes as far as the d2000, to give you a better picture.  For all I know it might have a similar signature to the HD600 like some mentioned, but I just don't know since I never heard them.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #6,906 of 100,767
Quote:
Quote:

Hey, I'm liking the mids on the somics better.  Bass feels really tight, not overpowering at all.  Not to say the d2000's bass wasn't tight, but I'm liking this bass better.  Highs are great on both.  Generally, I just like the sound signature overall on the somics.  I've been a big fan of open styled headphones since the ad700.  It's just impossible to compare with other high end headphones since my experience only goes as far as the d2000, to give you a better picture.  For all I know it might have a similar signature to the HD600 like some mentioned, but I just don't know since I never heard them.

Thank you!  This helps.

Please update your impressions and comparison with the D2000s as your Somics get more use time and settle on you.  I will surely read them.

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #6,908 of 100,767
Quote:
Can someone give a link where I can but those somic headphones?

I purchased them from Portworld.

http://myworld.ebay.com/portworld?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

However, it appears the SOMiC EFI-82MTs are sold out. The last time they were sold out, I sent him an email and asked if and when they might become available again. The very next day, there were ten more phones for sale! I suggest you do the same. If it worked once, it just might work twice.

Cheers

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #6,913 of 100,767
So everybody who got the EFi82MT agree that they sound better than the MH463? (who has which model anyway? Which did dsnuts get?)
Pity I don't see them anywhere locally...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back