The discovery thread!
Jan 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #6,301 of 100,098
Quote:
Appreciate your impressions on the XB60. That price is actually very good for them. I think Danny payed quite a bit more for them when he got them I remember. Heck I payed a premium for the XB90EX.. Don't know if you do any burn in. Something I kinda preach on this thread but I would burn in them earphones and try out wider nozzle tips on them if you have them. I noticed on my XB90 at least. The stock hybrids actually restrict the sounds.

thanks for the tips.  the auvio nozzle tips are actually really comfortable and the hole is wider.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #6,302 of 100,098
Quote:

Are you already in college with just 16 or you are in some kind of residential/boarding high school?

Yep! I just started my third year of college last month, but this is my first month in the dorms. (I come home on weekends, though! Gotta have somewhere to get laundry done.). I spent two years at a tiny community college in my hometown with a bunch of 40-60 year olds. Fun times. 

So, just to give a brief bit more hype/reality to the EFis, these are the only headphones I know that completely pass the "I can wear these for 2 hours while wearing glasses" test. With a good set of aftermarket pads, that number goes to 3-4 hours. With glasses!  Crazy.

Also, they are deceptively large. They're between the Uptown and the K240 size wise. Pretty massive. 

Despite the size, they are very lightweight and have the least clamp of any headphone I've ever used. This may explain the leaking.

I've already raved about the sound enough for the time-being, but the non-sonic aspects need to be touched on as well. Save for a decent, but unspectacular build quality and a derpy kind of look, they do everything right.

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #6,303 of 100,098
Well seems in all this madness i've gone and ordered these, at that price it's a screaming deal.

Not to mention they could prove very useful for the gym.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/In-ear-Headphones/Digital-Silence/Digital-Silence-Stereo-Analogue-Ambient-Noise-Cancelling-Headset-with-Microphone---White

Did i mention they're made by wolfson
wink_face.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #6,304 of 100,098
Quote:
Yep! I just started my third year of college last month, but this is my first month in the dorms. (I come home on weekends, though! Gotta have somewhere to get laundry done.). I spent two years at a tiny community college in my hometown with a bunch of 40-60 year olds. Fun times. 

So, just to give a brief bit more hype/reality to the EFis, these are the only headphones I know that completely pass the "I can wear these for 2 hours while wearing glasses" test. With a good set of aftermarket pads, that number goes to 3-4 hours. With glasses!  Crazy.

Also, they are deceptively large. They're between the Uptown and the K240 size wise. Pretty massive. 

Despite the size, they are very lightweight and have the least clamp of any headphone I've ever used. This may explain the leaking.

I've already raved about the sound enough for the time-being, but the non-sonic aspects need to be touched on as well. Save for a decent, but unspectacular build quality and a derpy kind of look, they do everything right.

WOW, 3rd year of uni when you are only 16?
confused_face_2.gif
Looks like we have a genius boi wonder amongst us. Now I have no excuses whatsoever to not to jump on the Somic MT bandwagon since it would not be "smart" of me not to.
wink_face.gif

So any updates from the seller on those MTs Cash? Hope they bring it back again for the same price but it already looks like the head-fi effect is at full force.

Man you have got to try my modded portable set of S500s then, i wear glasses as well and i can wear them ALLLLLLL day long with zero discomfort due to the overear-pad over the stock pads. That is another reason why i love my S500s so much, for me they have the total package bar none. <3333s

edit: Glasses and headphones is a deadly mix, for the most part they do not gel well at all sadly. :  (

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #6,305 of 100,098
I think I might have found another sources for the SOMIC EFI82MT?

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?shipCountry=us&shipCompanies=&SearchText=efi82mt&exception=&CatId=0&manual=y&needQuery=y

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #6,306 of 100,098
Cash:

1)  From what you say, you started college when you were 13-14 years old.  Are you one of those guys whose IQ is off the charts?

2)  What does MT in the headphones ID stand for?

3)  I wear glasses, too.  And I am a pirate until sfwalcer and Ghostfit declare that the pirate week (or season?) is over.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #6,307 of 100,098
Quote:
Cash:

1)  From what you say, you started college when you were 13-14 years old.  Are you one of those guys whose IQ is off the charts?

3)  I wear glasses, too.  And I am a pirate until sfwalcer and Ghostfit declare that the pirate week (or season?) is over.

I'll give it at least a week, Ds deserve at least that.
biggrin.gif
But i am going back to my sexy boxy look ASAP as soon as this mutiny is over and done with!!!

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #6,308 of 100,098
Quote:
Cash:

1) I started a week before my 14th birthday, coincidentally. I went through what's called a "middle college", which is a type of high school that's designed to last 5 years, and have people walk out with a high school diploma and 60 college credits (an Associate degree) but I had a really awesome principal who let me take 10 credits my first semester and be full time for two years. Unfortunately, they can only award 60 credits, which I burnt through in two years. Double unfortunately, I didn't meet the high school graduation requirements. Fortunately, a semi-local (an hour and a half away from my hometown) university also had a middle college, so I switched into their program in October, took high school courses until December, and was able to enroll full-time in the university for this semester. 

My IQ is pretty high, but IQ is a really crap measure of intelligence. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. I'm good at logic, which is the bulk of an IQ test. If I took a test about how to, I don't know, not leave grills on overnight (personal experience) or make effective small talk, I'd epic fail. That's just not what I'm good at. I have an aunt who drives a schoolbus. She wakes up super-early every morning and is greeted by 50+ screaming children. They all love her and cooperate. Her IQ probably wouldn't be very high, but that's irrelevant. That's the kind of intelligence people don't seem to care about these days, but man, is it important.

2) The MT stands for...Michelin Tires? Minnesota Timberwolves? I don't know. xD

3) Ahoy, matey! 

Anyway, I got a message from the seller. This is...nonconclusive. xD

[size=small]
[size=10pt]Dear (CashNotCredit),

Dear buyer,
I am happy you like it. We have several headset in stock, you can buy it anytime. Any question please contact us. Thank you.
[/size]

[size=10pt] [size=10pt]- ec-wholesale[/size][/size]

[/size]
[size=small]  [/size]
[size=small] [size=8pt]

[/size]
[size=10pt]Dear ec-wholesale,

I got my EFi-82 MT in the mail a while back, and needless to say, I love it. I'm a headphone enthusiast, and out of the dozens of pairs I own (some costing over 4 times as much as the EFi-82 MT), this is my favorite, hands-down.

I like it so much that I've mentioned it a lot on a headphone enthusiast site called Head-Fi. A good 8-12 people have mentioned wanting to get a pair. However, the EFi-82 MT isn't available on eBay currently.

Do you know if you'll get the EFi-82 MT in stock anytime soon? A ballpark estimate for when you'll get it back would be great, if applicable.

Thanks,
[/size]

[size=10pt] - (CashNotCredit)[/size]

[/size]

/flips tables

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #6,309 of 100,098
Well Cash it is great you are our boy wonder. It will be guys like you that have a love of great sound that will eventually make something in the future that will blow our collective minds..You have a very bright future ahead of you.. It is great you have music and the love of sound at such an early age too..You keep at it young man and I am sure we will be reading about your accomplishments in the near future.

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #6,310 of 100,098
Cash:

"My IQ is pretty high, but IQ is a really crap measure of intelligence. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. I'm good at logic, which is the bulk of an IQ test. If I took a test about how to, I don't know, not leave grills on overnight (personal experience) or make effective small talk, I'd epic fail. That's just not what I'm good at. I have an aunt who drives a schoolbus. She wakes up super-early every morning and is greeted by 50+ screaming children. They all love her and cooperate. Her IQ probably wouldn't be very high, but that's irrelevant. That's the kind of intelligence people don't seem to care about these days, but man, is it important."

I wasn't gonna let you go too far without telling you what you just wrote.  IQ is a limited view of intellectual capacity.  Other realities related to understanding this, could be written like this:

"Intelligence and wisdom are not the same thing."

"Every healthy adult has a healthy child inside."

"IQ tests are far from perfect to measure emotional intelligence."

"A high IQ and a low self-esteem are a dangerous combination."

"Well made Italian food can make your life so much better" (HA, HA, JK with this one).

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #6,311 of 100,098
Quote:
Well Cash it is great you are our boy wonder. It will be guys like you that have a love of great sound that will eventually make something in the future that will blow our collective minds..You have a very bright future ahead of you.. It is great you have music and the love of sound at such an early age too..You keep at it young man and I am sure we will be reading about your accomplishments in the near future.

That is exactly what I was thinking about!  Cash, you are the right guy to make the perfect headphones for all of us.  Let's forget about the Somics and ATHs.  Make us some headphones that will rocket all of us into headphone haven!

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #6,312 of 100,098
So the Veho Z-1 I ordered have arrived. I hated the tips that came with them, but I managed to get some comply t-400s to fit on, despite the oval shaped port.

Initial impressions are that the bass is lacking for me, but I'm hoping it may improve with usage.

Definitely not the worst £6 I've ever spent though! I'll report back after a bit more burn in.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #6,315 of 100,098
Ok guys a little message regarding one whack a do feline. If any of you guys suspect anyone (NEW) as being you know who. Just pull the red flag and try not to react or post any pics or remarks of any kind. Just let the moderators handle it..Unless there is some type of permanent solution. We will have to handle it that way from this point moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back