The discovery thread!
Dec 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #5,656 of 100,767
I ordered my black ELE DAC from travelinwind on Dec 1st and got it on the 12th. No problems with it at all. It's everything I'd hoped it would be and more, especially since it's actually my first DAC! I'm pairing it with my E11 and Grado SR60s. I do find it to be somewhat bright without the amp, so the E11 is a really nice match for it. I've clocked in a lot of hours with it in the past week, and couldn't be happier.

However, now I'm thinking about a desktop amp so my wife can borrow the E11 once in a while. Does anyone have a recommendation for a budget amp that would pair well with the ELE and my Grados?

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #5,658 of 100,767
Quote:
Holy crap, i ordered from the same seller on the 21st and have not gotten it yet. It better come today or else.
angry_face.gif

It's gonna be the end of the world tomorrow and i can't even enjoy my cheapo ele dac. 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

Now if that isn't a parched throat, I don't know what is lol!

That's beyond a parched throat, Wayne        .....that's the last frenzy, headless chicken struggles of a man stuck in the desert looking at a mirage !
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #5,659 of 100,767
That's beyond a parched throat, Wayne        .....that's the last frenzy, headless chicken struggles of a man stuck in the desert looking at a mirage ! :D

Lol! Indeed. He'll be put out of his misery soon though - it's got to be the end of the world somewhere by now!

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #5,661 of 100,767
I'm planning to get the ELE and pair it with the Go-VIBE mini box amp for my desktop. Has anyone tried this setup?

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #5,663 of 100,767
Or just, you know, it's all superstition and only scientific tools can approach accurately describing the universe.

Quote:
5:11 am but remember this: Matthew 24:36 "
But of that day and 
that
 hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Fath
er."  
cool.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #5,665 of 100,767
Iunno, ask #5660 and #5662. We need to reach consensus first.
Quote:

Are we really going to get into this kind of debate in the discovery thread? 

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #5,666 of 100,767
Quote:
Go for the E11. It sounds great with the Ele. Plus you can use that as your portable amp.

As I looked into this more, I realize that the E11 cannot be charged while listening.  It runs only on battery power. Since I will be using the ELE DAC and amp at my desktop (I don't even own a laptop), portability is not a requirement. Having it connected to a power source while listening is actually preferable.  I have noticed that Bravo amps have been very highly praised in this forum, specifically, the Bravo Ocean.  However, on Bravo's website, I also see the Bravo V2 which seems to be identical to the Ocean except for the metal case.  Since the cost of the V2 ($69.99) is only a bit more than half that of the Ocean ($129.99), the V2 just might be a great buy.  Has anyone here been able to compare these two to see if there are, in fact, any sonic differences?  What does almost twice the cost provide other than a better housing? Thanks!

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #5,668 of 100,767
It's been 31 days since I ordered the ELE from eBay user travelinwind and there is no sign that it will arrive so I requested a refund. May try with another seller from Hong Kong or go with the SMSL Fort instead.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #5,669 of 100,767
Quote:
It's been 31 days since I ordered the ELE from eBay user travelinwind and there is no sign that it will arrive so I requested a refund. May try with another seller from Hong Kong or go with the SMSL Fort instead.

Do not order stuff from China without a tracking number.  The tracking number fee is $2.  Even if it does not cost you anything, it is uncomfortable to take part in a transaction that resulted in a loss to the seller because of mail loss.  With a tracking number, you ensure that your package will arrive.

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #5,670 of 100,767
Quote:

Don't order from kyuaya520, cuz i placed my order on the 21st of last month and have yet to get it. No ship notice, no tracking, no communication no nothing. Just contacted the seller to see what's up. But the last day of estimated arrival is the 27th of this month though so..... still got a couple of days before i am going to file a complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back