The discovery thread!
Dec 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #5,641 of 101,380
Just received my Ele that I ordered on 12/07 from elefmtransmitter_aimee off ebay.. Not bad considering others have been waiting almost a month now.. Impressions are it's brighter than I was expecting.. Or they just don't mix well with the fx40/fx101.. I have a pair of Heaven IV coming in at the end of the week so hopefully higher end IEM = higher end sounding dac =).. I'll have to get a pair of mh1c to try with them too

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #5,643 of 101,380
I have the HA-S400 in hand after reading so much about them and they blow me away out of the box! Great find and reading the FZX100/200 thread i think ill own a pair of the 200s soon but on to dynomat/recable/hm5 pads for the S400 daft punk has a whole life with these! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #5,644 of 101,380
I just dont think the ele is for me.. I greatly prefer the sound of the xonar dg =\.. My ears just don't seem to be accepting it.. So if anyone wants one before christmas that hasn't ordered yet I'm selling it for what I bought it for (19) just pm me =).. On another note I had forgotten how amazing the fx40/fx101 were before I purchased them again recently.. The 40 in particular are fantastic and helps curb my need to repurchase the fxd80s and the 101s help me not repurchase the cks77s.. The cheaper alternatives are very nice

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #5,646 of 101,380
Quote:
I just dont think the ele is for me.. I greatly prefer the sound of the xonar dg =\.. My ears just don't seem to be accepting it.. So if anyone wants one before christmas that hasn't ordered yet I'm selling it for what I bought it for (19) just pm me =).. On another note I had forgotten how amazing the fx40/fx101 were before I purchased them again recently.. The 40 in particular are fantastic and helps curb my need to repurchase the fxd80s and the 101s help me not repurchase the cks77s.. The cheaper alternatives are very nice

That will work !
wink_face.gif
    ....as long as you don't go listen to a FXD80 or CKS77 !

....I know because I took a sneak listen to a FXZ100      ....now nothing else will do !
triportsad.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #5,647 of 101,380
Lol that's very true.. I just traded away my XBA-3 too so hopefully what I'm getting in return will keep me away from other IEMs for a while.. Would be nice to not be on the look out for something new all the time =)

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #5,648 of 101,380
Quote:
I ordered from kuyaya520 which is based in HK according to eBay.
I didn't ask for tracking number since I thought it's not offered for that kind of shipment. It's been 2 weeks, nothing worrying so far but it would be useful to have an idea when to expect it.

I also ordered an ELE DAC from kyuaya520.  It was shipped on November 27 and arrived today, December 20, Hong Kong to Ohio, USA.  Not exactly fast, but less than a month.  I don't know where you are, but this might help you estimate when yours will arrive. :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #5,649 of 101,380
Quote:

That knob alone is well worth the extra $ over the ELE DAC !    ...If you ever had to rip your iems out of your ears because you were caught out by the sudden volume increase of the ELE.

SQ to my ears is also much better over the ELE, everything is much more smoother and fuller.
If not for these SMSL Fort, I would not have discovered that the ELE DAC's got the left/right channels mixed up when I was A/Bing the two DACs.

These SMSL Fort also uses the much easier to handle micro USB connectors instead of the bulkier USB-B (Printer) type cables.

I'm really impressed with the size and quality of this thing, it has a nice solid build and that knob is silky smooth like what one would expect from a high end audiphile deck.

I received an ELE DAC today and realize that I need more volume.  And so I am wondering... Should I order one of these SMSL Forts?  Or should I just get myself an amp like the Fiio E11? The price is almost the same, but perhaps the E11 paired with the ELE DAC might sound a bit better?  

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #5,651 of 101,380
Quote:

I also ordered an ELE DAC from kyuaya520.  It was shipped on November 27 and arrived today, December 20, Hong Kong to Ohio, USA.  Not exactly fast, but less than a month.  I don't know where you are, but this might help you estimate when yours will arrive. :)

Holy crap, i ordered from the same seller on the 21st and have not gotten it yet. It better come today or else.
angry_face.gif

It's gonna be the end of the world tomorrow and i can't even enjoy my cheapo ele dac. 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #5,652 of 101,380
Quote:
Holy crap, i ordered from the same seller on the 21st and have not gotten it yet. It better come today or else.
angry_face.gif

It's gonna be the end of the world tomorrow and i can't even enjoy my cheapo ele dac. 
tongue_smile.gif

Now if that isn't a parched throat, I don't know what is lol!

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #5,654 of 101,380
Quote:

I am in Greece so I don't really know when to expect that. I ordered roughly one week after you so probably next week I will be lucky!

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #5,655 of 101,380
I just want to confirm that I ordered my ELE from Lu_cytime208 on ebay on the 4th of December and they arrived as scheduled (which was today). So far it's nice, though I feel the amp on it is a little too much, as others have stated I have it on 6 % of laptop speaker volume utilizing Wasapi through winamp. Anymore juice and Im sure I would be doing damage to my drums, in fact 6% seems to be just on the verge on just being acceptable. I'll let these settle in with various music and get back with more impressions. Anyone happen to know if they're is a way to scale back that amp at all?

*edit (btw I'm over in the Dalles, Oregon) in case people were curious as to how many days to relative location, blah blah blah....

**double edit, as for the seller I feel very confident having gone through her as it was the color I ordered and I didn't have any problems with L,R being switched up as others had said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back