The discovery thread!
Dec 15, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #5,611 of 99,991
Quote:

Gilly. Hey glad to see your around.. The Ele dac does sound nice. Throw on a little amp and you'll get your bass back.

Good things to those who wait.

Could you recommend an amp for this DAC?  I would probably like to pair this with my S400 but I will also be using it with my FX40.  Its definitely an upgrade from my laptop audio.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #5,612 of 99,991
I just want to recommend the op to try out the GH-ERC-DMS! ... although the $80 price tag don't scream budget .. I have a slight feeling that they might be worth the grab! for one I prefer it to my SE-535 ...and also putting in cash to reshell it :)

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #5,613 of 99,991
Just received my HifimeDIY Sabre USB DAC and did some basing comparisons with my Yulong D18 Sabre/A18 combo and the combo somehow sounded better, or did it?

Bought the HifimeDIY Sabre USB DAC directly from there site and the least than one can say is the packaging is very light, just a small bubble envelope. I think it could very well be damaged in transport , and they could do a better packaging job.
It took 18 days to get to me in Québec with the Swisspost shipping option for a total of 49$ USD

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #5,616 of 99,991
Just wanted to update on my ELE Dac situation. I was originally having issues with the DAC. Basically not functioning or failing after working for a short period of time. I contacted the eBay seller and a new DAC was sent out which I received yesterday. This new DAC works perfectly. It is plug and playand worked immediately and sounds great. I even switched between the two and was able to prove that first DAC was faulty. Hopefully no one else gets a lemon but wanted to let everyone know that the seller is a good business man.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #5,617 of 99,991
Quote:

Yep. It's balanced, with much better low end presence than I was expecting. These things can pound when called for. Clarity is a slight step above the GR07, but it's not as spacious. 

I can't believe no one's talking about this!

i guess the reason is, that most people had the old UE version. the one now is the Logitech one. maybe there was a slight change in the tunning, which makes the difference
my 2 yens

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #5,619 of 99,991
well, searching a bit, i came up with this

new SM ES20. let´s wait and see 
popcorn.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #5,620 of 99,991
Quote:
Did anyone got a tracking number with ELE-Dac? I have no idea where my shipment is now!

Yes, I got a tracking number from seller "travelwind". I had to ask them where to go to track it though, and this was the site:

http://intmail.183.com.cn/itemtrace_en.jsp

Today apparently, mine have been "opened" at location "20110600" (wherever that is!).

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #5,623 of 99,991
I ordered me ELE from lu-cytime208 and I didn't get a tracking number but I seriously hope that he isn't using China Post as someone mentioned a while back. As far as the status of the package being opened I have no idea why is that but my vsonic VC02 hasn't arrived for more than a month now and according to its status it has been opened a bunch of times at several different places, so I hope everyone else who bought the ELE from China won't have such issues. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #5,624 of 99,991
I'm not sure where all of these issues with shipping are coming from. I ordered from the same dude everyone else here is using and I got mine in like 4 days, no problem.
Quote:
I ordered me ELE from lu-cytime208 and I didn't get a tracking number but I seriously hope that he isn't using China Post as someone mentioned a while back. As far as the status of the package being opened I have no idea why is that but my vsonic VC02 hasn't arrived for more than a month now and according to its status it has been opened a bunch of times at several different places, so I hope everyone else who bought the ELE from China won't have such issues. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #5,625 of 99,991
I ordered from kuyaya520 which is based in HK according to eBay.
I didn't ask for tracking number since I thought it's not offered for that kind of shipment. It's been 2 weeks, nothing worrying so far but it would be useful to have an idea when to expect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back